A wonderful Warrior Aggro thread on Blizz forums
lemekim,Jul 24 2005, 05:02 AM Wrote:What if we assume that 4 hate = 9 healing aggro? (1 damage aggro ~ 2.25 healing aggro). It would actually be closer to 4.1 and the gradation would be slightly less. Yes, it's all guesswork =) And no, I don't like this number either, I feel that Blizzard likes to use more round numbers.

The only thing I can think of is that Healing spells, much like Warrior damage abilities, have some innate threat built in, and a bit of extra threat from healing itself. So for example, "original" 1000 healing aggro listed in that threat is actually 500 natural aggro and 500 aggro from the 1000 point healed. This would explain how Paladins are able to have lower hate heals as compared to other classes - their innate hate for the heal can be simply 0, so paladin's 1000 point heal will only cause 500 aggro. Similarly, supposedly renew has about half the hate of regular healing spells, which would be explained by this concept. Isn't making up theories wonderful?
[right][snapback]84110[/snapback][/right]

From my testing a couple of patches ago with a druid (I should grab some friends and test this more extensively), there is no innate threat to healing spells, just the actual healing done. Specifically, healing a high teens warrior for a couple of dozen points using a 1400+ heal would not pull aggro if he had done anything to the foe.

My guesstimate back then was one point of hunter melee damage was about the same threat as two points of druid healing.

I would have thought if anything that battle stance would have a small bonus to threat generated - more threat per damage than a rogue or mage, less threat per damage than a defensive warrior. Blizzard clearly intends for tanks to use Battle stance on occasion (or they wouldn't restrict mocking blow and thunderclap to it) so -20% threat in battle stance sounds odd to me. Can any warriors confirm this effect in game?

Messages In This Thread
A wonderful Warrior Aggro thread on Blizz forums - by Warlock - 07-25-2005, 03:11 AM
A wonderful Warrior Aggro thread on Blizz forums - by epssus - 09-13-2005, 04:19 PM
A wonderful Warrior Aggro thread on Blizz forums - by savaughn - 11-14-2005, 05:04 PM
A wonderful Warrior Aggro thread on Blizz forums - by savaughn - 11-22-2005, 08:23 AM