Some Thoughts on "Gearing Up"
Well I'm part of your lack of healers for a couple of reasons. One is that we've needed a tank a lot more in Molten Core lately so I'm trying harded to get Gnolack geared up. Another is that I'm still insisting on 5 manning some stuff before I raid it for loot. Another is that there are some things that I want to do with Taranna that I want to do with Eth first. Yep, I'm still being selfish about somethings. However most people know that I'm pretty much willing, within my odd set of restrictions, to go and help when I can.

Gnolack is now 0/15 on the Draconian Deflector. Seen it once, lost it to a paladin. With the +def changes in 1.7 and it only moving down to +10 def that thing becomes even more important to me. Me, Mr chance of a panic attack from strangers, has gone on 3 pubby runs to try and it get it as well. I will continue to try and pubby run for it during the day so that I'm more available for other things. I feel your pain. Of course if I get that shield Taranna becomes more available as well.

So that people know I'm going to lay out what my little oddities are.

If I can get my 5 man for LBRS today I'll be much more willing to go there in loot targeted runs. But I still want to get at least one of my characters to get most of the 5 man quests done in there before I raid it with anyone heavily. I have my thread up about this instance already.

Taranna is going to run DM East with Eth on her first run in there. This probably won't happen until next Thursday or Friday, unless Treesh wants to do it this morning after she gets up and going, because of Treesh's work schedule. Since Gnolack has done 4 DM East's this isn't an exploratory run. This can be as fast as people want to get a key and the other DM East quests done.

DM West has not been fully run the way I like to do a first instance run, but I've done enough in there that I'm willing to go along with people that want to go. However I want to get the LBRS quests out of Gnolack's log first if I can. I would prefer to get back in there in explore mode and get deeper in than I have but the bug up my butt about it is gone so I'll run it however.

I made suggestions on the CA forums that it might simply be a good idea on a raid night every now and then to simply break out into a couple of 15 or 10 mans or a crap load of 5 mans for DM stuff as there are still plenty of people that can get better gear that way.

Finally I still don't care enough about gear to always know where to go to get it. A lot of this is because the gear is secondary. You all heard me saying that I thought the paladins should be rolling on those pants that I won last night. I still believe that. Those pants were +stam and +resist basically. That will help a paladin out a lot too. Maybe not quite as much as me who has been up there tanking stuff but oh well. Loots, even though I started huge threads over them, are not what I'm playing this game for.

However I do realize that I need some better stuff to be able to help people out more effectively. I got that nice run of stuff from a tribute run but I guess there is still more I could use from there like the resist belts. There is a pair of +def gloves that I could use from DM West, I think, and there are some potential weapon upgrades in there for me as well. But I figure that I'll get most of that just going on runs that others need at some point anyway.

I'm selfish in running some of the instances the first couple of times the way I really want to. I've laid that out. The DD is the only gear I'm obsessing over now (and 10 FR and 10 def all the time is a big deal), but we have others that still need stuff from in there so I'll get some more alliance run chances. I'm trying to remove the LBRS bottleneck today (and that is the place you hunters need and I've basically removed a tank or a healer from running that on you). I'm also trying to get out and gather more arcane crystals so I can help craft more enchanted thorium stuff (even with my new legs the enchanted thorium legs would still be nice, slapping the FR libram on them might even make them better for most of molten core but I'm 8 arcane crystal away from one pair still) but I still really only know the node layout in Un'Goro and I haven't had a lot of luck with any of it yet, oh and too much farming makes me not want to play the game at all. :)

As to the rest I think we are doing pretty well helping those that speak up. More people need to speak up. Personally I think tal has a right to complain here on some stuff though. Last night we jumped into UBRS early, which I appreciate, though tal wanted to go on that run to get some chances at stuff for his people and help out, but he wasn't online and that's cool. So he goes into DM East to help people out, with no chance for anything for himself. We then start up another raid without him. There have been a couple other nights where he has expressed intrest in going somewhere and it's like no one listens. He had to pull from Basiners to get enough people to help him with his epic mount quest and any 5 people could have gone in there to help clear out. So my final stipulation on where GG goes is that my next run or two that don't conflict with my other oddities are going where tal wants to go. I've seen him go places that do squat for him a lot and I've seen him struggle way to much to get where he needs or wants to go and he has been speaking up. I hesitated a lot to post about this but it's got me a little pissed off as well. I know others need help but as has been said hard to tell if you don't say anything, but when I see someone who has said things and has helped so many others not get help back it makes me feel like people are ignoring him and that angers me. So there you have it.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
Some Thoughts on "Gearing Up" - by Mirajj - 08-19-2005, 06:14 AM
Some Thoughts on "Gearing Up" - by Tal - 08-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Some Thoughts on "Gearing Up" - by Garrin - 08-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Some Thoughts on "Gearing Up" - by Alrin - 08-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Some Thoughts on "Gearing Up" - by Mirajj - 08-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Some Thoughts on "Gearing Up" - by Alrin - 08-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Some Thoughts on "Gearing Up" - by Kevin - 08-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Some Thoughts on "Gearing Up" - by Quark - 08-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Some Thoughts on "Gearing Up" - by Tal - 08-19-2005, 05:12 PM
Some Thoughts on "Gearing Up" - by Tal - 08-19-2005, 05:20 PM
Some Thoughts on "Gearing Up" - by Tal - 08-19-2005, 05:21 PM