Some Thoughts on "Gearing Up"
I've been a bit frusterated lately, and figure that it's time to bring this out into the open, as someone has to. I'm willing to take any backlash that comes of it, so I figure I'll bring it up.

As we raid, we hear a lot about how gearing up is good for the raid. How every little bit helps. I agree. Might set helps tanks tank longer. Prophecy helps Healer heal longer. I'm glad to see these items going to their intended purpose, helping move along to bigger challenges.

Where my frusteration lies is that there more that could be done to help people 'gear up' that isn't a hope on a drop in a 40man raid. Because let's be realistic. Those drops, while fantastic, are few and far between. Which brings me to my point.

We are a raid group in mostly blues, but still with some greens. It's past time to fix that. Especially with our hunters and mages. In almost all of our raids, the hunters/mages comprimise roughly 1/2 of the raid, more or less. Rogues aren't too far behind, either. Look at what those people are doing now, and imagine how much better it could be if they were 'geared up' very well.

I can't speak for the mages, but I'd be willing to bet that there are items that almost every single one of them would like that doesn't require more than 9 other people to get. Same with the hunters. The 8th piece set bonus for BeastStalkers is +60RAP...that's like getting a second Barbarous Blade. Just for wearing some gear that is actually good. I know that most people are down on the "blue" sets, but for hunters, ours is actually good for us. And aside from the chest piece, not a single piece requires more than 4 other people to get...if you can get a good class balance.

We've been good with running UBRS to try to help a couple of our tanks find the Draconian Deflector. Let's see if we can extend some of that goodwill in other directions, too. I realize that some of the other places folks need to go doesn't have tons of phat lewtz in it for them, and I know what it's like to do a run without a likely chance of getting something "good for you." But even in 15 man raids, most people walk out with at least some stuff that they can sell for some gold. There is always something of that nature to be gained, if folk need incentive to go. There's always the fact that an elusive purple might drop. Didn't Brain Hacker (a purple axe) drop in UBRS the other day? With all the times I've run UBRS, I've never seen a purple drop there before.

I know that part of the problem is simply a straightup lack of healers, period. But there must be some way to work around this. We have enough healer types, it's just getting them together. And most 5man or 10 man places can be easily done with a druid and a pally of the caliber of guild/alliance mates we have.

So folks, this is a plea of sorts...Let's help each other gear up. Let's help folks get the blues they would like, while we all wait for those pretty purples from MC and beyond. As ever, if I'm on and I have the time, I'm always more than willing to fill in a group slot.

X-posted to the CA Forums.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Post when you would like to go and I'll make every effort to be there with Shalandrax. If I haven't tanked it before all the better for me to get some more practice tanking. :)
I'm all for helpin out too.

That's one healer type ^_^. (albiet on the smallish side)

But i'm 57 now damnit!

(I wouldn't mind getting a full blue set myself in the meantime while i'm workin towards MC and all those pretty purples...)
Garrin

<span style="color:blue">Garrin - Lvl 60 Human Paladin - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Gasan - Lvl 14 Dwarf Priest - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Bladewhisper - Lvl 60 Rogue - Stormrage <Carpe Aurum>
<span style="color:red">Garrin - Lvl 25 Orc Warlock - Dethecus <Frost Wolves Legion>
Tigarius - Lvl 14 Tauren Warrior - Dethecus
Garrin - Lvl 13 Tauren Druid - Thunderhorn
Mirajj,Aug 19 2005, 07:14 AM Wrote:I've been a bit frusterated lately, and figure that it's time to bring this out into the open, as someone has to. I'm willing to take any backlash that comes of it, so I figure I'll bring it up.

As we raid, we hear a lot about how gearing up is good for the raid. How every little bit helps. I agree. Might set helps tanks tank longer. Prophecy helps Healer heal longer. I'm glad to see these items going to their intended purpose, helping move along to bigger challenges.

Where my frusteration lies is that there more that could be done to help people 'gear up' that isn't a hope on a drop in a 40man raid. Because let's be realistic. Those drops, while fantastic, are few and far between.&nbsp; Which brings me to my point.

We are a raid group in mostly blues, but still with some greens. It's past time to fix that. Especially with our hunters and mages. In almost all of our raids, the hunters/mages comprimise roughly 1/2 of the raid, more or less. Rogues aren't too far behind, either. Look at what those people are doing now, and imagine how much better it could be if they were 'geared up' very well.

I think we are already doing a pretty good job at gearing up people. We have issues with some people playing at different times etc. But I mean, if anyone needs anything from some instance it is important that said person speaks up. This may sound jerk-like, but I am not going to babysit anyone and keep asking them if they need anything in that manner. That is their own responsibility to ask for help in getting xyz item. I may toss out "anyone need any help?" in /ga but I won't specifically put time in to try and advise people on gear unless asked to.
As for getting geared up, sometimes the RNG in this game hates people.
I know this all too well with Alrin. 25+ Ogre Tribute runs, no rod of the ogre magi, etc etc..

Quote:I can't speak for the mages, but I'd be willing to bet that there are items that almost every single one of them would like that doesn't require more than 9 other people to get. Same with the hunters. The 8th piece set bonus for BeastStalkers is +60RAP...that's like getting a second&nbsp; Barbarous Blade. Just for wearing some gear that is actually good. I know that most people are down on the "blue" sets, but for hunters, ours is actually good for us. And aside from the chest piece, not a single piece requires more than 4 other people to get...if you can get a good class balance.

Actually, for mages the Magisters set isnt really that spectacular, I'm afraid.
This is just sad. And all the magister gear is int heavy, which means mages walk around with the notion that a massive mana pool is the best. I mean, alrin is decked out in pretty sweet blue stuff right now. How many magister pieces does he wear?
ONE.
How many is in the bank?
FIVE.
Will he be doing runs specifically to get the shoulders + hat that's missing?
Not likely. Why? It doesn't make sense. If its one thing I have learned in MC as a mage is that you CANNOT neglect your stamina gear.
As for gathering ones entire set, this is sometimes a task that seems nigh impossible.
Mostly because a run takes too long to farm efficently during the course of a day.

Quote:We've been good with running UBRS to try to help a couple of our tanks find the Draconian Deflector. Let's see if we can extend some of that goodwill in other directions, too. I realize that some of the other places folks need to go doesn't have tons of phat lewtz in it for them, and I know what it's like to do a run without a likely chance of getting something "good for you." But even in 15 man raids, most people walk out with at least some stuff that they can sell for some gold. There is always something of that nature to be gained, if folk need incentive to go. There's always the fact that an elusive purple might drop. Didn't Brain Hacker (a purple axe) drop in UBRS the other day? With all the times I've run UBRS, I've never seen a purple drop there before.

I am confused, I thought we were already trying to help people go wherever they wanted. Alot of people have been going to ubrs lately simply because there was alot of people that had items there that they could use.

Quote:I know that part of the problem is simply a straightup lack of healers, period. But there must be some way to work around this. We have enough healer types, it's just getting them together. And most 5man or 10 man places can be easily done with a druid and a pally of the caliber of guild/alliance mates we have.

Not to diss any paladin or so but sometimes you NEED a healing class that can put out more healing and has better mana efficency when it comes to casting.

Quote:So folks, this is a plea of sorts...Let's help each other gear up. Let's help folks get the blues they would like, while we all wait for those pretty purples from MC and beyond. As ever, if I'm on and I have the time, I'm always more than willing to fill in a group slot.

Ditto. But remember, the RNG doesn't care for how desperate or needy we are. It will still screw people over most of the time.
[right][snapback]86602[/snapback][/right]
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
Alrin,Aug 19 2005, 08:33 AM Wrote:I think we are already doing a pretty good job at gearing up people. We have issues with some people playing at different times etc. But I mean, if anyone needs anything from some instance it is important that said person speaks up. This may sound jerk-like, but I am not going to babysit anyone and keep asking them if they need anything in that manner. That is their own responsibility to ask for help in getting xyz item. I may toss out "anyone need any help?" in /ga but I won't specifically put time in to try and advise people on gear unless asked to.
As for getting geared up, sometimes the RNG in this game hates people.
I know this all too well with Alrin. 25+ Ogre Tribute runs, no rod of the ogre magi, etc etc..

Yep. And most of us are pretty good about it. But some of still need to be a bit more vocal. The problem I see here is that most of us have got what's needed from the popular instances, but are shying away from the less popular ones. It's much, much harder, just for instance, to get 5 people for LBRS than it is to get 15 for UBRS. ;) It can even be difficult to get people together for some of the more popular/fun instances, like the various DM ones.

Alrin Wrote:Actually, for mages the Magisters set isnt really that spectacular, I'm afraid.
This is just sad. And all the magister gear is int heavy, which means mages walk around with the notion that a massive mana pool is the best. I mean, alrin is decked out in pretty sweet blue stuff right now. How many magister pieces does he wear?
ONE.
How many is in the bank?
FIVE.
Will he be doing runs specifically to get the shoulders + hat that's missing?
Not likely. Why? It doesn't make sense. If its one thing I have learned in MC as a mage is that you CANNOT neglect your stamina gear.
As for gathering ones entire set, this is sometimes a task that seems nigh impossible.
Mostly because a run takes too long to farm efficently during the course of a day.

I wasn't referring specifically to a classes set (I realize BeastStalker is about the only "good" blue set out there) but the blues you'd like. That Ogre Magi Rod for example. There's no way you can get it yourself. You need some friends to come along. However many times it takes. You need friends, every time.

Alrin Wrote:I am confused, I thought we were already trying to help people go wherever they wanted. Alot of people have been going to ubrs lately simply because there was alot of people that had items there that they could use.
Not to diss any paladin or so but sometimes you NEED a healing class that can put out more healing and has better mana efficency when it comes to casting.
Ditto. But remember, the RNG doesn't care for how desperate or needy we are. It will still screw people over most of the time.

Oh, I need not be reminded of that. 18 times into Scholo, and still no hat. There are times when the RNG hates everyone. It's an evil thing. ;) But that's the thing...You can't do an instance once and expect everything you'd like. It'd be nice, but it's never gonna happen. So you need friends who don't mind coming along for the try at the stuff. When looking around for pubby groups, I've asked several of the pubby people I know (generally of the healer type) if they want to come along. The answer is almost always "No, I've found what I wanted, I don't need to go there anymore." Luckily, most Lurkers aren't too bad about going, but we need more organization. So we are on the right track...we just need more of it, is what I'm trying to say.
Sounds good. I agree.
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
Well I'm part of your lack of healers for a couple of reasons. One is that we've needed a tank a lot more in Molten Core lately so I'm trying harded to get Gnolack geared up. Another is that I'm still insisting on 5 manning some stuff before I raid it for loot. Another is that there are some things that I want to do with Taranna that I want to do with Eth first. Yep, I'm still being selfish about somethings. However most people know that I'm pretty much willing, within my odd set of restrictions, to go and help when I can.

Gnolack is now 0/15 on the Draconian Deflector. Seen it once, lost it to a paladin. With the +def changes in 1.7 and it only moving down to +10 def that thing becomes even more important to me. Me, Mr chance of a panic attack from strangers, has gone on 3 pubby runs to try and it get it as well. I will continue to try and pubby run for it during the day so that I'm more available for other things. I feel your pain. Of course if I get that shield Taranna becomes more available as well.

So that people know I'm going to lay out what my little oddities are.

If I can get my 5 man for LBRS today I'll be much more willing to go there in loot targeted runs. But I still want to get at least one of my characters to get most of the 5 man quests done in there before I raid it with anyone heavily. I have my thread up about this instance already.

Taranna is going to run DM East with Eth on her first run in there. This probably won't happen until next Thursday or Friday, unless Treesh wants to do it this morning after she gets up and going, because of Treesh's work schedule. Since Gnolack has done 4 DM East's this isn't an exploratory run. This can be as fast as people want to get a key and the other DM East quests done.

DM West has not been fully run the way I like to do a first instance run, but I've done enough in there that I'm willing to go along with people that want to go. However I want to get the LBRS quests out of Gnolack's log first if I can. I would prefer to get back in there in explore mode and get deeper in than I have but the bug up my butt about it is gone so I'll run it however.

I made suggestions on the CA forums that it might simply be a good idea on a raid night every now and then to simply break out into a couple of 15 or 10 mans or a crap load of 5 mans for DM stuff as there are still plenty of people that can get better gear that way.

Finally I still don't care enough about gear to always know where to go to get it. A lot of this is because the gear is secondary. You all heard me saying that I thought the paladins should be rolling on those pants that I won last night. I still believe that. Those pants were +stam and +resist basically. That will help a paladin out a lot too. Maybe not quite as much as me who has been up there tanking stuff but oh well. Loots, even though I started huge threads over them, are not what I'm playing this game for.

However I do realize that I need some better stuff to be able to help people out more effectively. I got that nice run of stuff from a tribute run but I guess there is still more I could use from there like the resist belts. There is a pair of +def gloves that I could use from DM West, I think, and there are some potential weapon upgrades in there for me as well. But I figure that I'll get most of that just going on runs that others need at some point anyway.

I'm selfish in running some of the instances the first couple of times the way I really want to. I've laid that out. The DD is the only gear I'm obsessing over now (and 10 FR and 10 def all the time is a big deal), but we have others that still need stuff from in there so I'll get some more alliance run chances. I'm trying to remove the LBRS bottleneck today (and that is the place you hunters need and I've basically removed a tank or a healer from running that on you). I'm also trying to get out and gather more arcane crystals so I can help craft more enchanted thorium stuff (even with my new legs the enchanted thorium legs would still be nice, slapping the FR libram on them might even make them better for most of molten core but I'm 8 arcane crystal away from one pair still) but I still really only know the node layout in Un'Goro and I haven't had a lot of luck with any of it yet, oh and too much farming makes me not want to play the game at all. :)

As to the rest I think we are doing pretty well helping those that speak up. More people need to speak up. Personally I think tal has a right to complain here on some stuff though. Last night we jumped into UBRS early, which I appreciate, though tal wanted to go on that run to get some chances at stuff for his people and help out, but he wasn't online and that's cool. So he goes into DM East to help people out, with no chance for anything for himself. We then start up another raid without him. There have been a couple other nights where he has expressed intrest in going somewhere and it's like no one listens. He had to pull from Basiners to get enough people to help him with his epic mount quest and any 5 people could have gone in there to help clear out. So my final stipulation on where GG goes is that my next run or two that don't conflict with my other oddities are going where tal wants to go. I've seen him go places that do squat for him a lot and I've seen him struggle way to much to get where he needs or wants to go and he has been speaking up. I hesitated a lot to post about this but it's got me a little pissed off as well. I know others need help but as has been said hard to tell if you don't say anything, but when I see someone who has said things and has helped so many others not get help back it makes me feel like people are ignoring him and that angers me. So there you have it.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Alrin,Aug 19 2005, 09:33 AM Wrote:I am confused, I thought we were already trying to help people go wherever they wanted. Alot of people have been going to ubrs lately simply because there was alot of people that had items there that they could use.

I still "need" to go to UBRS if I want SC chest or Pristine Hide of the Beast. But I still abhor that area currently and would frankly rather spend time in any other instance, even DM North which I've already done over 10 tribute runs after I got everything I could out of it.

More aggravating for me lately is shadowed in your post - Alot of people have been going to ubrs lately. One day in particular I tried to get anyone, out of about 15 people online, interested in a DM East run. I got one response. Anadrol logs in 10 minutes later, says "UBRS", and all of a sudden everybody wants to go there. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. More than half the runs we've done lately is simply UBRS, and this is after we got everyone blooded. There's other areas in the game, and they're getting neglected.

Quote:Ditto. But remember, the RNG doesn't care for how desperate or needy we are. It will still screw people over most of the time.

Felhide Cap ...
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Aug 19 2005, 12:28 PM Wrote:More aggravating for me lately is shadowed in your post - Alot of people have been going to ubrs lately.&nbsp; One day in particular I tried to get anyone, out of about 15 people online, interested in a DM East run.&nbsp; I got one response.&nbsp; Anadrol logs in 10 minutes later, says "UBRS", and all of a sudden everybody wants to go there.&nbsp; Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.&nbsp; More than half the runs we've done lately is simply UBRS, and this is after we got everyone blooded.&nbsp; There's other areas in the game, and they're getting neglected.
[right][snapback]86659[/snapback][/right]

Got one phrase for you Mr. Quark. "Have tank will travel." You have my AIM and with enough schedule notice you can have me tank on Shalandrax DM for you or main heal it on Sharanna. I tend to get wrapped up in my alts and projects and as such don't pay as close attention to /ga as I should. This is evidenced by my "Ruh?" response the other day before our DM run. I hadn't been reading the chat and had no idea a tank was being fished for. :D Sorry about that. :)
Gnollguy,Aug 19 2005, 11:23 AM Wrote:Finally I still don't care enough about gear to always know where to go to get it.&nbsp; A lot of this is because the gear is secondary.&nbsp; You all heard me saying that I thought the paladins should be rolling on those pants that I won last night.&nbsp; I still believe that.&nbsp; Those pants were +stam and +resist basically.&nbsp; That will help a paladin out a lot too.&nbsp; Maybe not quite as much as me who has been up there tanking stuff but oh well.&nbsp; Loots, even though I started huge threads over them, are not what I'm playing this game for. [right][snapback]86646[/snapback][/right]

Good of the raid friend. Good of the raid. You're up there taking damage. The other paladins and I are not (usually) taking the kind of damage that you are. I can't speak for the other paladins but I'm content to stay patient and wait for loot that screams "A paladin must wear me". :)

Gnollguy,Aug 19 2005, 11:23 AM Wrote:Personally I think tal has a right to complain here on some stuff though.&nbsp; Last night we jumped into UBRS early, which I appreciate, though tal wanted to go on that run to get some chances at stuff for his people and help out, but he wasn't online and that's cool.&nbsp; So he goes into DM East to help people out, with no chance for anything for himself.&nbsp; We then start up another raid without him. [snip] There have been a couple other nights where he has expressed intrest in going somewhere and it's like no one listens.&nbsp; So my final stipulation on where GG goes is that my next run or two that don't conflict with my other oddities are going where tal wants to go.&nbsp; I've seen him go places that do squat for him a lot and I've seen him struggle way to much to get where he needs or wants to go and he has been speaking up.&nbsp; I hesitated a lot to post about this but it's got me a little pissed off as well.&nbsp; I know others need help but as has been said hard to tell if you don't say anything, but when I see someone who has said things and has helped so many others not get help back it makes me feel like people are ignoring him and that angers me.&nbsp; So there you have it.
[right][snapback]86646[/snapback][/right]

Its all good GG - I raised up Shalandrax to ease the load on the main guild tanks. I'm content to go where needed and help my friends. :) If I can somehow work it out to complete Valor in the meantime, good. If not I'll have fun, kick ass and tank named with friends. ;)

Gnollguy,Aug 19 2005, 11:23 AM Wrote:He had to pull from Basiners to get enough people to help him with his epic mount quest and any 5 people could have gone in there to help clear out.&nbsp; [right][snapback]86646[/snapback][/right]

Actually I pulled Basin paladins in because there weren't enough paladins in the inter-alliance and online to do the run. :) [/nit]
Garrin,Aug 19 2005, 09:29 AM Wrote:I'm all for helpin out too.&nbsp;

That's one healer type ^_^.&nbsp; (albiet on the smallish side)

But i'm 57 now damnit!&nbsp;

(I wouldn't mind getting a full blue set myself in the meantime while i'm workin towards MC and all those pretty purples...)
[right][snapback]86632[/snapback][/right]

'Bout time too. Now to just keep you online for longer than an hour when I am on... ;)
I know Mirajj knows this, and Quark should, but if I'm online (any char, be it alt, Mio, what have you), I will drop just about anything to make a high level instance run with Mio.
Please also consider asking Basiners if you want help filling loot runs - we can always relay it in our guild chat, and there are usually a bunch of Basin 60s around. As Mirajj knows, we enjoy grouping with you guys, and we're good folks to have around.

We used to hit UBRS a lot, but that's tapered off. It's probably just a phase people are going through.

I do still 'need' Wildheart Spaulders from LBRS, and then I'll have a complete set... Hmm. What was that about LBRS? :whistling:
Mirajj,Aug 18 2005, 11:14 PM Wrote:I've been a bit frusterated lately, and figure that it's time to bring this out into the open, as someone has to. I'm willing to take any backlash that comes of it, so I figure I'll bring it up.

Where my frusteration lies is that there more that could be done to help people 'gear up' that isn't a hope on a drop in a 40man raid. Because let's be realistic. Those drops, while fantastic, are few and far between.  Which brings me to my point.

I can't speak for the mages, but I'd be willing to bet that there are items that almost every single one of them would like that doesn't require more than 9 other people to get. Same with the hunters. The 8th piece set bonus for BeastStalkers is +60RAP...that's like getting a second  Barbarous Blade. Just for wearing some gear that is actually good. I know that most people are down on the "blue" sets, but for hunters, ours is actually good for us. And aside from the chest piece, not a single piece requires more than 4 other people to get...if you can get a good class balance.

We've been good with running UBRS to try to help a couple of our tanks find the Draconian Deflector. Let's see if we can extend some of that goodwill in other directions, too. I realize that some of the other places folks need to go doesn't have tons of phat lewtz in it for them, and I know what it's like to do a run without a likely chance of getting something "good for you." But even in 15 man raids, most people walk out with at least some stuff that they can sell for some gold. There is always something of that nature to be gained, if folk need incentive to go. There's always the fact that an elusive purple might drop. Didn't Brain Hacker (a purple axe) drop in UBRS the other day? With all the times I've run UBRS, I've never seen a purple drop there before.

I know that part of the problem is simply a straightup lack of healers, period. But there must be some way to work around this. We have enough healer types, it's just getting them together. And most 5man or 10 man places can be easily done with a druid and a pally of the caliber of guild/alliance mates we have.

So folks, this is a plea of sorts...Let's help each other gear up. Let's help folks get the blues they would like, while we all wait for those pretty purples from MC and beyond. As ever, if I'm on and I have the time, I'm always more than willing to fill in a group slot.

X-posted to the CA Forums.

Yep, a lot of places I still need to hit with both Taha and Lissanna. It seems like lately DM has taken a back burner (and there are atleast 5 items I'm looking for out of North and West for Taha along with the various patterns out of the goblin's box). I'm also generally trying to find certain enchants too (as you know from the camping of the Deadwind Warlocks the other night looking for a 1 in 250/300 drop) that can help out.

Pretty much my list of things for Taha
Robe of Everlasting Night (Drop off Immol'thar in DM West) or Alhanna's Embrace (fat chance that's going to drop, but it drops from Ras)
Sublime Wristguards (Drop off Mol'dar and Slip'kik in DM North)
Heliotrop Cloak (Drop off Mol'dar and Slip'kik in DM Nort)
Ogre King Crown (from the King in DM North)
Staff of the Ogre Magi (from Tribute)
Dragonrider Boots (Rend in UBRS) or [strike]Malaki's Footwraps (Malaki in Strat)[/strike]
Deadwalker Shoulders (Rattlegore in Scholo)
[strike]Bonecreeper Stylus (Gandling in Scholo)[/strike]
Maiden's Circle (a pair would be nice, BoE ring, hard to find, shows up rarely on AH and usually very expensive).
Any recipe from the goblin's box in DM North that isn't Mooncloth Gloves
Various enchants all over the place (+5 to one hander, +9 to two hander, +9 Str to bracer, Crusader, ect).

Kinda funny though, Lissanna's list is much shorter, but it's just about all in BRS (BS Gloves cause they're the only good mail gloves for a hunter, Painweaver Band, Emberfury Talisman, and Dal'Rend main hand).

I'm pretty much up for going anywhere and willing to help out.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
It's been said before, but Lochnar is up for just about any Lurkers (read not just one other Lurker and a bunch of pubbies) run. If one of the Loch-alts is on, they can usually drop what they are doing, as long as they aren't 10 minutes from something they have worked an hour to get to. If I do turn down a request (like last night), it is probably because of real life concerns. I might be going qwerty-face already or expect to be AFK a lot so it would be detrimental to the group for me to join. I also do go AFK with a toon logged in a lot, but I try to read back chat when returning. Invariably, a request was posted minutes after I left, so I am 10-15 minutes too late to join.

As to loot that Lochnar needs, I have almost no clue. Given the upcoming changes to the Flarecore items, he would probably love all the the BOE items, but they are crafted with high end mats. I much prefer to do runs just for the sake of going and then be surprised when an upgrade to one of my sets (stam, dam, resist - not blue set) drops. That also means there is less disappointment when something doesn't drop. ;)

Mirajj,Aug 19 2005, 01:14 AM Wrote:Didn't Brain Hacker (a purple axe) drop in UBRS the other day? With all the times I've run UBRS, I've never seen a purple drop there before.
You never know what might drop on a run. I was on a BRD run, with Lurkers, and we were clearing rings. A purple dagger dropped! (can't remember the name - do remember that Allak lists it as 250-280g median/average) We rolled on it but the player that won it gave it to another member of the group, that had an alt that would put it to use rather than sell it, and it didn't surprise me at all that they did. Lurkers is good people! :)
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB Wrote:It's been said before, but Lochnar is up for just about any Lurkers (read not just one other Lurker and a bunch of pubbies) run.&nbsp; If one of the Loch-alts is on, they can usually drop what they are doing, as long as they aren't 10 minutes from something they have worked an hour to get to.&nbsp; If I do turn down a request (like last night), it is probably because of real life concerns.&nbsp; I might be going qwerty-face already or expect to be AFK a lot so it would be detrimental to the group for me to join.&nbsp; I also do go AFK with a toon logged in a lot, but I try to read back chat when returning.&nbsp; Invariably, a request was posted minutes after I left, so I am 10-15 minutes too late to join.

I realize that I'm in the minority in that I will raid often (and even RL for/with pubbies, when I recall saying way back when that I never would) with pubbies. Not Honorables/Avarice pickups, but straight out of IF pubbies.

However, when I do that...and when I ask in the various channels for us...I make it plenty clear that it's considered a 'pubby' raid, and hold absolutely no expectation of any Avarice/Basin folk to join in. I simply am asking channels I know, as folks may be interested.

A couple nights back when I won my BS gloves is a good example, that raid you were asked about. ;) The RL and I had just finished a raid, and rejoined together to try to find another. The next thing we know, out of the blue...the Lurker Night Crew brings 4 people to the mix. Now, no matter what, it's a half Lurker run. Which is why we asked you, if you wanted to be the sixth. None of us were upset in any way when you didn't want to, and when you didn't reply right away, I figured you had AFK'ed (I do it plenty on nights, myself. It's no big) so no one minded. I don't ever expect Alliance folk to come along with me on a pubby raid. But that won't stop me from asking if folks are interested. ;)

LochnarITB Wrote:You never know what might drop on a run.&nbsp; I was on a BRD run, with Lurkers, and we were clearing rings.&nbsp; A purple dagger dropped! (can't remember the name - do remember that Allak lists it as 250-280g median/average)&nbsp; We rolled on it but the player that won it gave it to another member of the group, that had an alt that would put it to use rather than sell it, and it didn't surprise me at all that they did.&nbsp; Lurkers is good people! :)
[right][snapback]86731[/snapback][/right]

I have seen 6 BS belts...I wear one, lost the roll on two, and have given 3 away. ;) It's a Lurker thing...and personally, I'd rather see something used than sold.
Echoing what Tuft has already said above, I think you'll find that Basiners, especially those you find in /honorables, are more than willing to help fill out groups.

Kateley is more than willing to help out, even in those 'no stuff for me' instances like LBRS, DM East and Scarlet Strat, which people tend to avoid. Heck, she's even available during the server mornings, which are notorious for having really short guild lists, but which happen to be my prime time.

So, if you happen to need a 4th, 5th or 10th and you see 'Kateley' in /honorables, just give her a poke.
Kateley - Gnome Mage --- 60
Collector and connoisseur of fine keys, bags, trinkets and all things mooncloth
Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet!
Ditto for me. You're probably never going to be in desperate need of another hunter :P, but I'm always willing to come on a run with Rhyssa. 5-man, raid party for loot, Baron, Scarlet Strat, LBRS, Scholo, whatever. But only if you promise better hunter drops than the ones on last night's Baron run! :D

I also try to relay messages in /honorables to guild chat when I'm online, hopefully that will help to fill out groups with those who aren't in-channel.
Tal,Aug 19 2005, 12:12 PM Wrote:Got one phrase for you Mr. Quark. "Have tank will travel." You have my AIM&nbsp; and with enough schedule notice you can have me tank on Shalandrax DM for you or main heal it on Sharanna. I tend to get wrapped up in my alts and projects and as such don't pay as close attention to /ga as I should. This is evidenced by my "Ruh?" response the other day before our DM run. I hadn't been reading the chat and had no idea a tank was being fished for. :D Sorry about that. :)
[right][snapback]86665[/snapback][/right]

I'm perfectly happy running dire maul east as well, I guess allot of people wanted ubrs that night. I was online and sitting in DM last night and no one showed up so it just depends on when you catch everyone i guess. Hit me up in game i'm happy to help!
anadrol,Aug 22 2005, 10:56 AM Wrote:I'm perfectly happy running dire maul east as well, I guess allot of people wanted ubrs that night.&nbsp; I was online and sitting in DM last night and no one showed up so it just depends on when you catch everyone i guess.&nbsp; Hit me up in game i'm happy to help!
[right][snapback]86890[/snapback][/right]

I stole yer shield back from a ghoul in Strat last night.