Shouldnt Bush be impeached for spying on US citize
I'm going to play the "I don't know enough to cast judgement" card at this point.

From what I know so far:

The Bush administration has talked with Congressional commities at least 12 times on this matter, before, during and after the fact. They did not have "open" hearings for fear the enemy would learn enough about our procedures to counteract them.
-source: this morning's Presidential press conference

If a call originated and was received in the U.S. a warrant is required. The President knows this (he said as much in this morning's broadcast). That isn't being debated, this part of the system is working with no grey area.

The real question for me is does the spying originate with the U.S. end of the phone call or with the foreign end of the call? Are our spooks already watching the outside threat? If they are what happens when a U.S. citizen gets on the line? Do they block out half the conversation, hang up, or keep listening to their known/suspected outside threat? Personally I hope they keep listening. If the wire tap starts with our citizens being monitored "just in case they decide to talk to some shady characters" then it's a real problem. If the U.S. caller gives something concrete or shows a trend then I hope they get a warrant to tap all that person's calls.

I don't really care who dialed the call or where they are located, just who was being watched first.

When a domestic to domestic call is being tapped you don't need a warrant for the person at each end, only the person you are investigating.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein

Messages In This Thread
Shouldnt Bush be impeached for spying on US citize - by Guest - 12-18-2005, 04:43 AM
Shouldnt Bush be impeached for spying on US citize - by Guest - 12-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Shouldnt Bush be impeached for spying on US citize - by Guest - 12-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Shouldnt Bush be impeached for spying on US citize - by Guest - 12-19-2005, 12:24 AM
Shouldnt Bush be impeached for spying on US citize - by Guest - 12-19-2005, 01:58 AM
Shouldnt Bush be impeached for spying on US citize - by Guest - 12-19-2005, 02:02 AM
Shouldnt Bush be impeached for spying on US citize - by Guest - 12-19-2005, 02:18 AM
Shouldnt Bush be impeached for spying on US citize - by Guest - 12-19-2005, 04:34 AM
Shouldnt Bush be impeached for spying on US citize - by Guest - 12-19-2005, 04:36 AM
Shouldnt Bush be impeached for spying on US citize - by Guest - 12-19-2005, 01:16 PM
Shouldnt Bush be impeached for spying on US citize - by jahcs - 12-19-2005, 04:37 PM
Shouldnt Bush be impeached for spying on US citize - by Guest - 12-19-2005, 07:55 PM
Shouldnt Bush be impeached for spying on US citize - by Guest - 12-19-2005, 08:00 PM