Sustained Hunter DPS vs. a single target
I've always favored faster, smoother damage delivery. As such, I've never much cared for Aimed Shot--everyone was so enamored with its huge crits, but all my calculations told me it was inferior, in both dps and mana efficiency, to Arcane Shot. Then 1.7 comes out, and I take a break from the game...

Now, it seems, Aimed Shot no longer has any competition. It shoots in a flat three seconds, and it no longer resets the timer on autoshot. Based on the studies I've seen (I confess, I have not yet done the math myself), this is making slower bows vastly better for sustained dps, not just big crits for PvP. The numbers point to the Carapace Spine Crossbow stomping Hurricane (which has a higher DPS) into the ground. The CSX beats Striker's Mark, an MC drop. The CSX even appears to beat Rhok'delar, our epic quest bow. Is this right? Is CSX the new Noob-Cannon?

What does this tell me? Something is broken. They may put a fixed speed on Aimed, a la the melee fix; they may make Aimed reset the autoshot timer again, but Blizzard will fix it, and the forums will cry nerf. I won't, because I want to see a reason to use faster bows, but I truly do hope they find an appropriate way to compensate dps--I'm really happy with how my hunter plays right now.

But for right now, I'm choosing to spend my DKPs on set gear rather than a Striker's. Anyone else have any input on the matter?

A fairly detailed thread on the stuff from the forums
<span style="color:gray">[Hellscream]
Shriek---Darkspear Hunter[62]
Chant---Forsaken Priest[70]
Yelp---Sin'dorei Blood Knight[70]<!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec-->

Messages In This Thread
Sustained Hunter DPS vs. a single target - by Shriek - 01-20-2006, 06:11 PM