Have any other Lurkers played Morrowind?
A few days ago I reinstalled Morrowind on a whim. Now I remember why I love the game.

Yeah, I know the Game of the Year edition is soon to be released, with Tribunal and Bloodmoon included, neither of which I have. But Morrowind is what I have now, and I'll worry about getting my particular plugin combination working with them if/when I pick them up.

So far, my sorceress has only joined the Blades (necessary for the 'plot quests') and the Guild of Mages (because, uh, she's a mage... B) ). So my question is this: What groups/factions don't work together? I don't want to join more groups and hit brick walls later - it's not only frustrating from a gameplay point of view, but from a story one as well (ex: why the heck does Group X tolerate me if Group Y just had me assassinate a bunch of them?).

For example, from gossip in-game I gather that the Guild of Mages and House Telvanni don't get along at all. Therefore I wouldn't be too surprised if a later Mage quest is some sort of strike against Telvanni holdings/interests, so there's little point in joining both if I have to alienate one.

The Thieves' Guild and Camonna Tong have a similar rivalry going on, but I'm not sure if you can even join the Camonna Tong. But, they're buddies with House Hlaalu and one of my quests currently is to 'disappear' a group of Camonna Tong in Balmora. I haven't committed to it yet; Idunno if I want to screw up my chances with Hlaalu. :(

Do the Tribunal Temple and Imperial Cult conflict? It seems like they might, both being religions. How about House Redoran and the Imperial Legion?

I don't really have any plans to join other factions in the near future (I'm playing a somewhat pure magic-user), but perhaps at some point I'll want to flesh out her other skills or outright start doing things differently. I just want to have some kind of idea as for what to expect. And the horror stories of players breaking whole series of quests by killing certain NPCs early or doing things out of order factor in a bit too, I guess. <_<

I can elaborate on my character build and plugins if anyone's interested, but I decided to leave them out of this post to save space.

Thanks for any replies in advance.
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]

Messages In This Thread
Have any other Lurkers played Morrowind? - by WarLocke - 10-19-2003, 11:50 PM