Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 casting call.
(09-11-2011, 01:52 PM)MonTy Wrote: Checked out your Let's Play videos this morning. Nice quality on them, video and audio sounds great- I assume you have a decent setup?

I have a pretty decent recording setup at the moment. So far every game that I've recorded I've been able to play at 1080p while Fraps-ing. Fraps records it at halfscale and then when I go back into editing and render the video it is upscaled back to 720p. I get some loss in fidelity during the process but I don't think it is too noticable. Hopefully in more action based games that can have a lot of chaotic spells etc. it remains high quality. I don't want to have to play at anything under 720p for either Torchlight or Diablo as, chances are, resolutions lower than that will start to have noticable artifacting after editing and rendering.

Audio commentary I spent a little bit of money picking up a Blue Snowball mic and a pop guard and I am in love with it. I don't do any sound editing or processing for any of my Let's Play videos and record the audio commentary through fraps while playing so any clarity is solely attributable to the mic. This is really going to be a sticking point for the sessions going forward though. We'll see what needs to be done to maintain quality recordings with a full party available in voice chat.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 casting call. - by Chesspiece_face - 09-11-2011, 09:41 PM