Single Player vs. Multi - any storyline differences?
(03-27-2012, 09:42 PM)Ruvanal Wrote: Edit: do not expect any single player offline mode of this game. They are putting players money on the block with some of these features of D3 and the only way to keep the exploits out the picture is if some parts of critical code and functionality is only on the game servers and not on the players computer where it could examined and reverse engineered to create hacks and such.

Not sure how necessary/effective it is in that regard, but it is a pretty good anti-piracy measure these days. You just have to make the online service important enough that you don't lose many sales by making it online only. Not a big fan of this trend personally. Maybe it's because I am anti-social by nature. Tongue Fact of matter is that 10 years from now we may very well be able to play Diablo, but Diablo III might not be available. I like the availability of games on Steam but it makes me nervous too. I guess if you play the game out in the first year (and are always and forever connected to internet) it is no concern.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Single Player vs. Multi - any storyline differences? - by Nystul - 03-29-2012, 01:51 AM