Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage
(06-13-2012, 05:46 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: I understand what they want to stop. Honestly, I am not sure if we need to stop it. This is not WoW. If people want to waste all day doing boring things, let them; it has absolutely no impact on me. It is the same as the enrage timer. I park most Elites I come across in Inferno because I know I cannot beat them before the enrage timer. If I want to spend 5 minutes kiting a Waller/Jailer/Vortex/Extra Health mob, then just let me: it does not hurt anyone and doing this without taking a hit is my idea of fun. It feels very much like Blizzard has its own idea of what defines fun and you can be damned if you find your fun in any other way. Just like how melee attacks hit you even if you are half a screen away: Blizzard stated that dodging is an unfun and unskillful strategy they wanted to discourage, so they prevented it. If people want to do it, let them; if they do not want to, they will not.

They want to make it so that the most effective way to obtain loot, either to use or sell, is to actually kill dangerous mobs. Thus, it makes obtaining loot an actual achievement rather than a simple grind of refreshing games over and over to kill goblins or loot chests that incurs no danger. I think that's appropriate.

And if you have to park nearly every Elite you come across, then go back an act or two and farm there. Clearly, you are not geared for the level you're trying to play at.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage - by MongoJerry - 06-13-2012, 07:14 AM