Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage
So 1.0.2c came out today (along with the RMAH) and so far it looks like they have nerfed the difficulty of Inferno Act 1 (haven't tried above that).

I just did a Jailer/Butcher run and didn't die a single time (normally I have to repair atleast once, typically twice). This time I run amounted to 0 deaths and about 1k total in repair costs. Damage from mobs seems to have been lowered overall and mob abilities also look to have taken a whack (although Invulnerable Minions is still in and still the same pita).

Anyone else observing this?
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
... are you posting from the future? :p

RMAH isn't out yet (it says 13/06/2012, which is... tomorrow), and I certainly haven't downloaded a patch. :/
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
You sure on the RMAH? I'm not seeing it even with my softcore character.
(06-12-2012, 08:27 PM)MongoJerry Wrote: You sure on the RMAH? I'm not seeing it even with my softcore character.

From what I've been hearing (i'm currently at work, so I can't verify), the RMAH ( and AH in general ) is supposed to be disabled for some people if the load is high, so it's sort of like there's an AH wait queue now.

The people over at /r/Diablo on reddit seem to confirm that the RMAH is live.
(06-12-2012, 08:27 PM)MongoJerry Wrote: You sure on the RMAH? I'm not seeing it even with my softcore character.

I've already sold some stuff, so it's definitely up.

"Greetings Lionel (MonTy),

Congratulations on your successful auction in Diablo III!

Item name 1 Murderous Talisman
Time of transaction 12 Jun 2012 08:02 PM UTC
Sale price $9.50
Transaction fee $1.00
Applicable taxes $0.00
Your proceeds $8.50
"
Was a high LoH + Dex amulet.
(06-12-2012, 08:06 PM)Lissa Wrote: So 1.0.2c came out today (along with the RMAH) and so far it looks like they have nerfed the difficulty of Inferno Act 1 (haven't tried above that).

I just did a Jailer/Butcher run and didn't die a single time (normally I have to repair atleast once, typically twice). This time I run amounted to 0 deaths and about 1k total in repair costs. Damage from mobs seems to have been lowered overall and mob abilities also look to have taken a whack (although Invulnerable Minions is still in and still the same pita).

Anyone else observing this?

Just did some basic testing on A3 Inferno. I'm gonna say no. Still absurdly high spike damage. IE 30k hits through 60% armor 60% Res All.
Another change question: Fairly recently they had changed chat to log everyone into general chat on login, requiring you to leave the channel each time to avoid the spam. Last night, I noticed that there is now, instead, a link in chat on login to join general if you wish, thus requiring no action for the majority of folks not affected by the bug requiring them to be in general to stay connected. When did they change that? It's probably been changed for days and I'm just clueless again. Rolleyes

-------------------------------------------

Oooh, Roland, you were just a clue on Jeopardy! Final Jeopardy was the name of the author of a series of books inspired by the poem "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came".
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(06-12-2012, 10:04 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: Another change question: Fairly recently they had changed chat to log everyone into general chat on login, requiring you to leave the channel each time to avoid the spam. Last night, I noticed that there is now, instead, a link in chat on login to join general if you wish, thus requiring no action for the majority of folks not affected by the bug requiring them to be in general to stay connected. When did they change that? It's probably been changed for days and I'm just clueless again. Rolleyes

That was changed today. Big Grin They stopped auto-logging into channels at all until they patch the stuff in right later. But the link is there for the people who need it.
--Mav
Grr... I had to download the patch three times before it worked, and it does not even add anything I care about!
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
(06-12-2012, 09:01 PM)MonTy Wrote: I've already sold some stuff, so it's definitely up.

Oh! I see it. When you go to the AH, you have to click on the "USD" button in the upper right-hand corner. Kind of an obscure spot to put something so important, but the RMAH itself is kind of neat-looking.
In other news:

From http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5795159597

Quote:We've recently added a limit to the number of games a player can create within a certain amount of time. Players who hit this limit will see the error: "Input limit reached. Please wait to perform more actions." After receiving this error, you will need to wait approximately 10 to 15 minutes before creating any additional games.

This change was made to help reduce server strain and improve overall game stability, and we'll continue to monitor the situation and make additional improvements as necessary. We're currently working to find a solution that allows most players who are playing normally to create games without encountering this error, but will still limit some of the more extreme cases of rapid game creation. We appreciate your patience as we make these adjustments.

Thank you!

Putting a cap on the quick-change of games to exploit quest farming, or making a new goblin farming game every 30 seconds, it looks like. D3 version of 'too many instances'. I think it's a good thing.
--Mav
Has it been so long since I last changed skills on the monk that there's been changes to the cooldowns? Or is it just that I'm 60 or that I'm in inferno? There's no cooldown if I switch in town, but there is a much longer cooldown than the other times if I switch out in the world. Was this something new in the patch?
Intolerant monkey.
(06-13-2012, 02:14 AM)Treesh Wrote: Has it been so long since I last changed skills on the monk that there's been changes to the cooldowns? Or is it just that I'm 60 or that I'm in inferno? There's no cooldown if I switch in town, but there is a much longer cooldown than the other times if I switch out in the world. Was this something new in the patch?

I think it's an Inferno thing, and it's been there a while, but, I'd love to hear from someone who's been there a lot.
--Mav
Each difficulty gradually increases the cooldown after changing skills. It is something like 10 seconds in normal, 30 in Nightmare, a minute in Hell and two minutes in Inferno. Do not quote these times, as they could very well be wrong, but the general outline is definitely right.
(06-13-2012, 02:22 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: Each difficulty gradually increases the cooldown after changing skills. It is something like 10 seconds in normal, 30 in Nightmare, a minute in Hell and two minutes in Inferno. Do not quote these times, as they could very well be wrong, but the general outline is definitely right.

Aha. So it has been that I just don't change out her skills. Thanks. =)
Intolerant monkey.
Yep, its always been there. It's pretty pointless though, since I just bypass the cooldowns by switching any skills in town. The only time I usually change anything from my normal build is when I face an act boss, and then I change back when I go to the next act.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(06-13-2012, 02:59 AM)RedRadical Wrote: Yep, its always been there. It's pretty pointless though, since I just bypass the cooldowns by switching any skills in town. The only time I usually change anything from my normal build is when I face an act boss, and then I change back when I go to the next act.

Well, it keeps people from changing skills mid-fight, though. If you can TP out to town and change them, you were able to get out of combat at least long enough to cast TP. As to why it gets longer each difficulty, I have no idea.

They initially, in early beta, didn't have a cooldown at all, but people begged for something to keep people from changing skills mid-fight.
--Mav
Well, once you hit level 60, Nephalim Valour already heavily discourages you from changing skills, so artificial limits feel pretty unnecessary.
(06-13-2012, 03:35 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: Well, once you hit level 60, Nephalim Valour already heavily discourages you from changing skills, so artificial limits feel pretty unnecessary.

The only time I've noticed the skill change delay was when I was working on Inferno Belial. During that slog it was an unbelievable annoyance to have to go back to town just to swap skills around to try something new.

On the other hand, even with the long delay it was still beneficial to swap skills between phases for that fight and it added an extra bit of depth to the encounter knowing that I couldn't use the skill I wanted in Phase 1/2 because I couldn't afford to be without a different skill for the time of the swap in Phase 3.
(06-13-2012, 01:32 AM)Mavfin Wrote: Putting a cap on the quick-change of games to exploit quest farming, or making a new goblin farming game every 30 seconds, it looks like. D3 version of 'too many instances'. I think it's a good thing.

I also think this is a good thing, since it prevents a lot of exploits. I just ran into this error message while doing some "Wortham runs" -- running the "Doom in Wortham" quest over and over for the experience. I sadly didn't count the number of runs I made before the error message popped nor the amount of time overall. However, I would guess that I made about 10 runs of about 5 minutes each before it popped.