Diablo 1 - patch 1.10
(01-01-2013, 01:11 AM)Ryze Wrote: I think a really nice addition to the game would be the change of Succubi' AI to that of the Mages.

The reasoning behind this is simple: Warriors spend way, way too much time chasing after witches. Even with the best gear in the game you still have to telekill EVERY SINGLE witch. There is no other way. Yes, there are other tricks but they too work for one witch at a time only. It is simply unacceptable and a prime example of terrible balancing.

Add to this the auto-miss chance which ruins a great deal of your telekills regardless of your personal skill and you understand why the Warrior is universally considered the slowest clearer in D1.

This change wouldn't do anything else other than making the Warrior as viable as the Rogue which I think we all agree is fair; without buffing the other two classes (since the Sorcerer and the Rogue don't have any problems with current Succubi AI and wouldn't notice the change).

Honestly I dont see this as a game breaking issue that needs fixing. True the warrior is the slowest clearer in the game, but hes kind of design as such. And its not like this particular thing inhibits a warrior from completing the game from normal to hell difficulty. Also keep in mind that he has other spells at his fingertips which can still prove handy such as stone curse(if you're tired of chasing them down you could always just stone them), and firewall itself is perfect for softening up or even out right destroying groups of non fire-resistant enemies on any difficulty, and is great for enemies who like to stand back in large lines and shoot at you(much in the way that succubi types do), not to mention its also effective for activating boss monsters from around corners. It also doesnt even require that much magical ability or mana, which makes it a personal favorite for any warrior i play, since it gives you the ability to effect large groups as well as to build a barrier around yourself for protection. The warrior is more of a slow paced character though who by nature who actually relies alot of the time on funneling enemies through corners and doorways so that he can limit the amount of enemies that can attack him(preferebly to a maximum of 3 at a time), and is great at confronting enemies one on one. While he gets much more efficient at it at higher levels, he will never be the character to just teleport in, kill a whole bunch of Succubi, and then move along in an instant. Succubi require but another bit of patience that comes with the role of the warrior.

Or at least thats my opinion on the subject.
Quote:
I can see what you see not
Vision milky, then eyes rot
When you turn they will be gone
Whispering their hidden song
Then you see what cannot be
Shadows move where light should be
Out of darkness, out of mind
Cast down into the halls of the blind

Messages In This Thread
Diablo 1 - patch 1.10 - by Mordor - 09-04-2012, 09:09 AM
RE: Diablo 1 - patch 1.10 - by Nystul - 09-05-2012, 08:47 AM