Diablo 1 - patch 1.10
Hi

I'm sure there was a list of wanted changes for Diablo 1.10 patch, created by fans.
I cannot find it now.
Please, if someone is aware where to find it, let me know.
I can make most (if not all) of these changes now become real. And it would be a shame to waste that.

Thanks for attention.
It's interesting how games today are constantly being changed and rebalanced and people complain about this and that and want everything changed. With Diablo, the patches were essentially just for bugfixes, while the gameplay is almost identical in 1.09 to the when the game was released (although a few bugfixes like AC wraparound had a significant impact on the game). And for the most part, I don't really remember people expecting or asking for balancing or new features.

With that said, the DSF Buglist is stickied on top of this forum, so that may be a good place to start if you are trying to do a "fan patch".
Actually, we fixed nearly everything from DSF buglist already. Just scouting for more ideas Smile
Well I've got some ideas for you if you haven't already implemented them:

You could always make all of the Prefixes and Suffixes available and findable, maybe fix the unique item spawns to fix the issue where some unique items drop very rarely or not at all. Maybe raise the price caps of shops to 170,000 Gold so that you can find higher level armors in the store a little easier as well. fix the sharp prefix so that its not treated as a cursed item, maybe make it so that items with -light% aren't treated as cursed(more light radius means more visibility, but activates more monsters. less light radius does the opposite. since they're both a bit double edged, I dont see why one should be treated as non-cursed, but not the other) as for monsters, well you could always bring the rest of the monster types that never made it into the game into it, including unique monsters. Outside of that, id say unless you've fixed it already, maybe fix the speed suffixes(readiness, swiftness, speed and haste) and the dupe bug.

Other than that, I guess just some optional things would be to fix the 2039 randomizer issue if possible, increase trap difficulty by difficulty, and fix the issue where monsters/players are harder to hit if they are moving horizontally cross screen.

You could also improve the compatibility with newer OS systems like windows 7, by maybe including the direct draw compatibility program, or a direct draw fix for the game.

BTW nice work on your mod, Mordor! I got thorough enjoyment out of it when I was still in highschool. Good luck on the patch, I hope everything goes well.
Quote:
I can see what you see not
Vision milky, then eyes rot
When you turn they will be gone
Whispering their hidden song
Then you see what cannot be
Shadows move where light should be
Out of darkness, out of mind
Cast down into the halls of the blind
Of all things you mentioned, the only thing I did not fix is 2039 year problem Smile
(10-10-2012, 08:42 AM)Mordor Wrote: Of all things you mentioned, the only thing I did not fix is 2039 year problem Smile

Do you know if Zamel and Zenda are still making The Dark? I haven't seen that mod mentioned in years. Last I saw, you were posting about your mod over on their website and now, your a master Big Grin . Your mod is pretty incredible, but I haven't played D1 in years.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
TD is officialy dead, concerning its development. I'm sure of that.
I think a really nice addition to the game would be the change of Succubi' AI to that of the Mages.

The reasoning behind this is simple: Warriors spend way, way too much time chasing after witches. Even with the best gear in the game you still have to telekill EVERY SINGLE witch. There is no other way. Yes, there are other tricks but they too work for one witch at a time only. It is simply unacceptable and a prime example of terrible balancing.

Add to this the auto-miss chance which ruins a great deal of your telekills regardless of your personal skill and you understand why the Warrior is universally considered the slowest clearer in D1.

This change wouldn't do anything else other than making the Warrior as viable as the Rogue which I think we all agree is fair; without buffing the other two classes (since the Sorcerer and the Rogue don't have any problems with current Succubi AI and wouldn't notice the change).
(01-01-2013, 01:11 AM)Ryze Wrote: I think a really nice addition to the game would be the change of Succubi' AI to that of the Mages.

The reasoning behind this is simple: Warriors spend way, way too much time chasing after witches. Even with the best gear in the game you still have to telekill EVERY SINGLE witch. There is no other way. Yes, there are other tricks but they too work for one witch at a time only. It is simply unacceptable and a prime example of terrible balancing.

Add to this the auto-miss chance which ruins a great deal of your telekills regardless of your personal skill and you understand why the Warrior is universally considered the slowest clearer in D1.

This change wouldn't do anything else other than making the Warrior as viable as the Rogue which I think we all agree is fair; without buffing the other two classes (since the Sorcerer and the Rogue don't have any problems with current Succubi AI and wouldn't notice the change).

Honestly I dont see this as a game breaking issue that needs fixing. True the warrior is the slowest clearer in the game, but hes kind of design as such. And its not like this particular thing inhibits a warrior from completing the game from normal to hell difficulty. Also keep in mind that he has other spells at his fingertips which can still prove handy such as stone curse(if you're tired of chasing them down you could always just stone them), and firewall itself is perfect for softening up or even out right destroying groups of non fire-resistant enemies on any difficulty, and is great for enemies who like to stand back in large lines and shoot at you(much in the way that succubi types do), not to mention its also effective for activating boss monsters from around corners. It also doesnt even require that much magical ability or mana, which makes it a personal favorite for any warrior i play, since it gives you the ability to effect large groups as well as to build a barrier around yourself for protection. The warrior is more of a slow paced character though who by nature who actually relies alot of the time on funneling enemies through corners and doorways so that he can limit the amount of enemies that can attack him(preferebly to a maximum of 3 at a time), and is great at confronting enemies one on one. While he gets much more efficient at it at higher levels, he will never be the character to just teleport in, kill a whole bunch of Succubi, and then move along in an instant. Succubi require but another bit of patience that comes with the role of the warrior.

Or at least thats my opinion on the subject.
Quote:
I can see what you see not
Vision milky, then eyes rot
When you turn they will be gone
Whispering their hidden song
Then you see what cannot be
Shadows move where light should be
Out of darkness, out of mind
Cast down into the halls of the blind
Sorry for the bump, but this really interests me.
I´m looking for a patch that doens´t change much of the game´s essence, but only fixes things and unlocks hidden stuff.

Is there a page where i can check the list of changes and maybe download this patch?

One thing that has always annoyed me is how the LAN games keep disapearin from the game list after some time, so if you quit a game, and then after some minutes try to rejoin, you can´t even see the game in the LAN game list.

It appears that in Hellfire v1.02 (the unnoficial patch by Marsch from this forums) this problem doesn´t occur.
dood, that blind poem is hilarious when you think of it like that