Discipline Priests
I'm not sure if you can really fairly assess raid healers by what the top raiding guilds are doing. They're doing much more highly specialized raid compositions than we are, and they can rely on very exact raid execution and performance.

Disc priest DPS being abysmal is, well, kind of innate to game balance. I don't mind that Pro can do double the DPS on his priest while she's doing holy-spec'd damage, Tabbya isn't healing for the same amount that she's putting out in DPS, which would be game-breaking.

So far I'm pretty happy with Goldenpurr's (disc) performance in raids. She's usually high up there on the healing meters, often #1 which leaves me to grump about carrying the other healers, who fall off pretty fast.

If you're being outhealed by other classes, that may reflect a problem in anticipating and throwing your shields/heals. Spirit Shell/Prayer of Healing is unmatched for preventing incoming massive raid damage, of which there is a plenitude in the raid fights, so much so that it's being slightly nerfed in 5.2, but it's useless if the raid damage has already happened. For Tsulong, you can start your Greater Heal while Tsulong is casting her Breath that will greatly multiply your healing, then cast another Greater Heal and a Penance for good measure before the buff runs out. It's all about understanding the fights and setting your heals up properly, in conjunction with the other people in your healing team.

You'll have to be specific about what you feel the problems are. Perhaps post a log or two for analysis.

Messages In This Thread
Discipline Priests - by kandrathe - 01-07-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: Discipline Priests - by Tuftears - 01-08-2013, 02:20 AM
RE: Discipline Priests - by Bolty - 01-08-2013, 06:56 PM