Pacific Rim, the movie spacifically.
I believe I have some answers...

...seeing as how I read the book. It seems that the book was written from the movie, but I suspect it is a bit more information rich.

The sword-- New, added in the rebuild, and NOT mentioned by Mako till the last minute.

The rift-- It did have a one-way biologically triggered lock.

Two pilot system-- Apparently the only computer with enough processing power to run the Jaeger was the human brain and one brain didn't have enough 'RAM' to do it.

The Kaiju's creators-- Moved from planet to planet, terraforming them as they went. Everything in their lives was a biological construct, including their buildings and machinery. They had waited for a hundred million years for earth to be ready for them and they were out of time as the planet they were on was out of resources and was dying. The destruction of Gypsy Danger destroyed the bio-machines that opened and maintained the rift. Without the rift, they're stuck on their dying world, doomed to perish with it.

Yes, I know that there is a giant pink elephant in the room. I still want to see and enjoy the movie, so I will ignore the pink elephant just as hard as the plot writers did. I'm talking about the "why didn't they just come here a hundred million years ago and terraform the planet to begin with?" pink elephant. I mean, why ruin a story with logic?
cheezz
"I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people all day long and I assume they deserve it."-Dogbert

"The truth is always greater that the words we use to describe it."

[Image: fun.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pacific Rim, the movie spacifically. - by cheezz - 10-18-2013, 08:37 AM