Reaper of Souls - initial reaction
Well, I beat Act V today with my Crusader at level 52 or 53. I ended up wiping on Malthiel with ~3% hp left because I stood in the swirly-slowing things too long thinking I could go Super Saiyen and just taken him out with that last busrt of damage. Nope. I ended up going for a super tanky, single-target build for the fight. I took most of my damage from the swirly things. and basically nothing from Malthiel himself. It's a really rough fight, and there has to be a better way to deal with the swirly things as melee.

After I finished the act, I did some bounties in Act 1, and that was a lot of fun. Then I started a new demon hunter and went right into adventure mode doing bounties and got enough shards to open a Rift at level...10, I think. Wow. Those are rough. Monsters from all over the game in the various levels. Apparently if you don't kill all the mobs when you trigger the Rift Boss, all of them comes running towards you. I died a couple times running away and trying to kill them all. Eventually I triumphed and got some purple thing that I did see what it was and some crappy blues from the rift boss.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reaper of Souls - initial reaction - by pakman - 03-28-2014, 02:07 AM