Does anyone own a Jeep Patriot or Jeep Compass and have an opinion?
(04-21-2014, 03:59 PM)shoju Wrote: They stopped making the compact trucks, because the 1/4 trucks were just as fuel efficient without a lot of the headaches involved in the smaller platform. They are still available in some oversees markets where compact necessity is still a "thing", but not in North America Sad

That's stupid. I want a little 4x4 Ford Ranger dammit.

(04-21-2014, 03:59 PM)shoju Wrote: As far as the Compass / Patriot, my Sister just purchased a Compass. I'm unsure if it's available in a manual setup, but she loves it. Not horrid on fuel. Good interior space (the main factor in purchasing it, as she now has 2 in car seats), and is reasonably pleased with the features she was able to get with it.

Unless Jeep's website is lying to me, I can configure both the Patriot and Compass with a 2.4L 4-cyl., 5-speed manual, 4WD (+$2,700), and A/C (+$1,200) without any other options. The differences between the Patriot and Compass seem pretty minute. Interior space isn't a huge deal for me. It just needs to fit 2 adults and a child in the back, with some room for a small amount of luggage. More is better though.

(04-21-2014, 03:59 PM)shoju Wrote: You might look into Subaru, I don't know if they sell the truck they have in Canada, but it's full time AWD.

I looked at Subaru's website, but they don't offer a truck in Canada. All of their models are full time AWD, but their cheapest one is a base Imprezza and it's more expensive than a Patriot/Compass.

I think I have enough to go on to begin looking.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does anyone own a Jeep Patriot or Jeep Compass and have an opinion? - by DeeBye - 04-22-2014, 12:53 AM