Nemesis woes. (arcane + vortex)
Quote:The whole thing's a pretty simple viral trick - a packet of monster, essentially, that pings around your friends list - it's a really good trick

So, on console at least, there is a new system called "Nemesis". A monster appears in your game at random (preceded by an ominous horn that starts faintly and grows louder with each sounding) and tries to slay you. Then, if successful, it will invade a friend's game when you (and ultimately they) go online. It will bounce around from person to person until it is slain. Sounds fun right? Well I thought so too until he appeared in my single player game (no internet for my 360) leaving me thoroughly confused and utterly dead. Until I had faced this Gigeresque demon, I had no clue what arcane or vortex meant exactly. I now know that arcane means purple radar of destiny and that vortex means "Hulk reverse", at least according to Blizzard anyway.

The problem here is that this guy shows up randomly as previously stated. I haven't been fortunate enough to find myself in a good area, nor have I been able to reach a suitable area in which to do battle. The other issue is that he is quick and can summon groups of monsters. So he spams arcane sentries, surrounds you with monsters, and sucks you back in when you try to get out of the mosh pit of glory. Thanks to the cooldown on potions (which I never need otherwise) I always get destroyed. About six times in four acts thus far, two of which were decidedly pilot error. My question is: What can I do as a crusader to effectively deal with this threat? Remember, he is quick, so "when in doubt, horsey out" doesn't work as well as it should. Is there a way to increase the effectiveness of rejuvenation? That way I could at least get a good chunk of health back when I have to run. Also, any tips for surviving this guy as a WD? I just started one and I suspect that he or most likely a different one is currently rubbing his hands menacingly.

Nomad
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad

Messages In This Thread
Nemesis woes. (arcane + vortex) - by Nomad25055 - 08-22-2014, 08:16 AM