San Bernadino Terrorism and Radicalization
I find the idea of any kind of trigger lock on a gun to be pointless. As to the physical key locks they sell now, well, you could boot your own car to try to prevent its theft, but how convenient would that be for you? Not to mention the fact that situations which call for the use of a weapon rarely come with a one minute warning for lock removal.

All forms of electronic locks come with a common and unavoidable failing. A battery. Batteries die, including rechargeable ones. Then you have a weapon which will fire for all or for nobody.

What would be more practical in a home would be a biometric lock on a gun safe which could be set for multiple individuals and run off household current with a battery backup for power outages.

All gun accidents share two things in common. The gun/ammo was not secured, and the gun was not respected. Gun accidents involving children also involve an adult being an idiot and ignoring one of the known irrefutable facts of the universe. That fact is - "What children and animals CAN do, they WILL do."

While I do not want to see innocent children die, neither do I want to come home at night and find my family hurt or dead because my wife couldn't get my gun to fire.
cheezz
"I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people all day long and I assume they deserve it."-Dogbert

"The truth is always greater that the words we use to describe it."

[Image: fun.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: San Bernadino Terrorism and Radicalization - by cheezz - 01-19-2016, 10:31 AM