Why I think it is challenging for the government to ration our care.
(01-19-2017, 10:39 PM)Ashock Wrote: Even assuming that the votes in Cali were all legit and did not count illegals:

You won’t see these factual statistics on any of the left wing progressive liberal and biased news medial outlets…….

2016 Presidential Statistics:

There are 3,141 counties in the United States.

Trump won 3,084 of them.

Clinton won 57.

There are 62 counties in New York State.

Trump won 46 of them.

Clinton won 16.

Clinton won the popular vote by approx. 2 million votes.

In the 5 counties that encompass NYC, (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Richmond & Queens) Clinton received well over 2 million more votes than Trump. (Clinton only won 4 of these counties; Trump won Richmond)

Therefore these 5 counties alone, more than accounted for Clinton winning the popular vote of the entire country.

Keep your 52% to yourself.
Um, sorry. I should have issued a trigger warning. I may at time hurt you with the truth, that while Pres. Trump did win the presidency, he did not win the plurality. Rare, but in our constitutional republic, it does happen. It happens to create federal republican equity.

While your county data, which I haven't verified, is interesting, it doesn't really matter in regards to either the democratic principles of a nation of, by, and for the people, nor the electoral college assurance of fair federal representation.

Simply put, people vote, counties don't. People matter, but the jurisdiction of counties does not, at least in not in state and national politics.

Quote:As far as the Iran deal, it was done through an executive order by Obama, or did you not know that?
When I say "we" I frequently mean the USA, which whether you like it or not, does include former Pres. Obama, and the people who negotiated on behalf of US interests. Do I approve of the methods used? No, I would have preferred a debate, compromise, and approval by Congreess of a *real* treaty. My point remains... "we"... can negotiate with Iran, to disarm them, when "they" or at least many in power, seek to destroy the great satan.

Don't you think then, that maybe, just maybe, the democrats (the reasonable ones) can discuss areas of common ground and work to form compromises with the republicans (the reasonable ones)?

Quote:This reminds me of my or my wife's conversation with my father in law about current events. His english is decent, but at almost 80, he is also having problems hearing. So basically, he hears and understands about 50% of what he sees on TV and kind of fills in the blanks. Lately, conversations with you remind me of having conversations with him, except I am reasonably sure you are not an immigrant and I'm completely sure you are not 80.
You think I am obtuse?

When you allege the "face of major "supposed" news organizatioons" are calling for the assassination of Trump, or "encourage sedition that is applauded by a large chunk of the population." And that "Sometimes, there is no gray." Meaning, what? It's a civil war already? No compromise, win or die?

I think at best this line of thinking is histrionic, and at worst, lunatic fringe. Come back to the light.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I think it is challenging for the government to ration our care. - by kandrathe - 01-20-2017, 10:14 AM