Tell me about priests
Some background:

Lured by the thought of 3x XP gain and some potential dual-boxing goodness, I created a trial account for my wife and linked it to mine via the recruit-a-friend thing. We've started a warrior/priest duo which, while not the most "efficient" levelling duo, is trucking right along due to the XP bonus (almost level 8 after finishing the Orc/Troll starting area!).

Anyway.

My wife looks to me for advice since she isn't really into the mechanics of things and frankly, would probably be happy running around smiting critters in the starting areas for the entirety of her WoW career. She's never gotten any one toon over level 30 or so, and I would like to show her the world. Once she hit level 10 last night and went to place her first talent point, however, it occurred to me that I know jack squat about priests. The highest I've ever gotten one was 28, and this was right after the game released back in 2004. I figured that there wouldn't be much synergy between a shadow priest & a warrior, so I decided to head down the Holy tree for some nicer heals and maybe some hot hot Smite action. Respecs aren't an issue, so that can all be changed.

I know there are some very VERY experienced priests on this board.:)What do I need to know to help ease someone into priesting? While I would like to keep addon usage as close to the default UI as possible, are there any addons that are essential? End goal here would probably NOT be raiding or even necessarily 5-mans. Just a nice leisurely tour through Azeroth with the occasional ill-advised pull to keep things exciting.:)

Messages In This Thread
Tell me about priests - by RTM - 08-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Tell me about priests - by WimpySmurf - 08-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Tell me about priests - by Kevin - 08-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Tell me about priests - by Mordekhuul - 08-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Tell me about priests - by Treesh - 08-26-2008, 07:33 PM