Tell me about priests
Quick reply before I get ready for work.

Spirit tap is where the first five points should go, even in a duo. You'll just have to watch to make sure she can get the killing blow otherwise it's useless. It'll be easier for her to get the killing blow once she makes it all the way up to shadow word death, but she'll still get a fair number of killing blows without it. Just make sure she gets the spirit taps when she really needs them.

With the changes that have been made to priests over the years, the only real difference in leveling as shadow or leveling as DPS holy is gearing. It's much easier to find lowbie shadow gear (thanks Warlocks;)) than it is to get decent holy DPS gear (which is a combination of crit, damage and spirit). Other than that, the kill speed isn't a whole lot different now.

As for mods, you really can do a lot with just the default UI nowadays, especially if she's not going to be doing raiding or even five mans. Honestly, if I weren't even planning on doing five mans, I probably wouldn't even bother with any of my current addons besides my tradeskill mods. The default UI has been improved enough that you aren't completely shackled by using it anymore. Oh! One thing that has definitely helped is Yuri's macro for crowdcontrolling. Love that thing for shackle and mind control, but it may be a bit advanced for her since you do have to pay a bit attention to what is set as your focus target and I don't know how comfortable she would be with that.

GG covered our little priest/warrior duos that we've done so I won't go over them again. They were a hell of a lot of fun though. :) Just a word of warning. You are in plate. She is in cloth. Do not go running through enemy towns saying "Oh don't worry. They'll all stick to me and you'll be fine." That will end up with her dead and you laughing as you run through. This frustrates a wife. ;):D
Intolerant monkey.

Messages In This Thread
Tell me about priests - by RTM - 08-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Tell me about priests - by WimpySmurf - 08-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Tell me about priests - by Kevin - 08-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Tell me about priests - by Mordekhuul - 08-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Tell me about priests - by Treesh - 08-26-2008, 07:33 PM