Moral Panic — from anti-commie to anti-nazi
(09-25-2017, 01:29 AM)Lissa Wrote:
(09-24-2017, 07:22 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: The only reason why White Supremacists are ineffectual is because they have no power and they would be crushed if they tried to revert things back to the Jim Crow days. Treating them as cute defanged beasts ignores the fact that they had to be defanged in the first place.

There are places in the deep south and well as pockets in some northern states that would show you that the white supremacists haven't been defanged.

While I don't agree with the antifa, we should never, ever, stop fighting against bigotry no matter where it rears its ugly head.

Well, that just makes my point stronger, that is, that they are dangerous opportunists that would certainly gas minorities and whoever else, had they the chance to. So the narrative that they can simply be ignored and are harmless, of which the article had too strong of a tone for, is not something i can agree with.

And it is certainly a destructive idea that people think that condemning nazis requires us to condemn everyone else equally when it is fairly clear their reputation precedes them. This all goes into the normalization of these things.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moral Panic — from anti-commie to anti-nazi - by Archon_Wing - 09-25-2017, 08:09 PM