Moral Panic — from anti-commie to anti-nazi
(09-25-2017, 01:29 AM)Lissa Wrote: While I don't agree with the antifa, we should never, ever, stop fighting against bigotry no matter where it rears its ugly head.

I almost got into a scrap this Sunday at work due to what I refer to as Reverse Racism:

There is a line to pay at the cash register, but for clarity sake, we'll say customer #1 was white, customer #2 behind her was black, customer #3 behind him was Hispanic. I'm manning the front solo as my other employees are all busy at the moment. Someone walks in through the front door (we'll refer to them from now on as Guest #1) as I'm cashing out customer #1. My attention shifts to guest #1 because our policy is to greet immediately upon walking through the door to be put on a waiting list, since the customers paying aren't going anywhere, but the customers just getting here require your immediate attention. Would it make sense to ignore all the guests coming through the door to finish cashing out a line of paying guests.. especially if they had split checks? Of course not, completely unprofessional. Customer #1 walks off as I talk to guest #1, who also happened to be white.

Customer #2 and his equally ignorant black friend quip to me how I'm being unfair, and must be a racist because they were next in line... all while I'm trying to write down guest #1's name, who was getting very upset. I ignore customer #2 for now and quickly take his family name and party size, then focus my attention on customer #2 and calmly explain to him our seating policy, and that there must be a misunderstanding because there is no problems here, just people trying to do their jobs. He then says he only wants to be treated fairly, and thinks I'm not doing my job right, then puffs up his chest and slowly walks into the bathroom staring at me. F-U-C-K-I-N-G M-O-R-O-N-S! These two individuals are just that, individuals and do not represent a broad swath of any given culture, however it's attitudes like this that cause the problems we have in this country. People like this make their own problems with self fulfilling prophecies, regardless of their culture or skin color. It's unfortunate it seems the majority of the people getting press time are in fact these blowhards.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moral Panic — from anti-commie to anti-nazi - by Taem - 09-28-2017, 02:40 AM