Moral Panic — from anti-commie to anti-nazi
(09-28-2017, 02:40 AM)Taem Wrote: I almost got into a scrap this Sunday at work due to what I refer to as Reverse Racism

The correct word here actually would be prejudice. As I've said many times before, there is a difference between being prejudice and racism. Neither one is good, but prejudice takes place at the individual level, while racism is at an institutional level.

Because racism is structural and favors whites, it is IMPOSSIBLE for blacks and other minorities to be racist. They cannot and do not benefit from it in any way, while whites do. Can minorities be prejudice? Absolutely. Which is what I think happened to you on Sunday. It is important to make this distinction, because there is no such thing as "reverse racism" - there is just plain ol' racism, and it operates at an institutionalized level. Whites can be victims of prejudice, but they are not systematically oppressed based on race (though plenty certainly are along CLASS lines), as blacks, native americans, latinos or other minorities are.

@Kandrathe, I'm not sure using a Clinton as an example to drive your point home (if I understood your point correctly, maybe I didn't) is exactly convincing. Both Clintons are actually quite racist.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moral Panic — from anti-commie to anti-nazi - by FireIceTalon - 09-28-2017, 02:13 PM