Wow! Trump's Comments Actually Shock Me!
(01-16-2018, 04:41 PM)Tal Wrote: I'm going to need to stop you there. Trump hasn't done anything for the economy thus far. The improved economy is directly as a result of Obama's budget.

The claim that Trump is not the cause is surely true - economies move slowly, and Trump simply hasn't done enough, fast enough, or big enough to have had any major impact. People overestimate what presidents can do. (Even shockingly incompetent ones.)

But by the same token, the claim that it's the fiscal policy of the Obama administration is shakier. Most of what's happening here is just the slow recovery from the 2008 depression picking up steam. The Obama administration managed an acceptable, if not spectacular, program for recovery back in 2008. But the stimulus of that spending ended years ago - this is just the economy bouncing back to full employment and consumer confidence, which well-managed economies tend to do eventually after a major crash. He gets credit for a steady hand on the tiller, but the budget is not the major driver here.

-Jester

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wow! Trump's Comments Actually Shock Me! - by Jester - 01-17-2018, 01:16 PM