Wow! Trump's Comments Actually Shock Me!
01-13-2018, 02:12 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 02:17 AM by Taem.)
Wow! Trump's Comments Actually Shock Me!
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/12/politics/t...index.html

I was going to catch up on the Net Neutrality thread, but while reading the news today (internet came back up finally at my house like 2 hr ago), I found myself disgusted and dismayed at Trump's comments a few days ago, confirmed by several Democrat senators:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics...-1.3753550

And then you have Trump completely denying his own words! I am literally aghast right now, in complete shock! This man is a legitimate bigoted racist! How can this be, someone so ignorant is holding the highest position in this country, and perhaps the world?

In case you missed it, Trump, while speaking on countries with TPS (temporary protected status) in regards to whom should be allowed to keep DACA status, Trump said immigrants from "shithole countries", referring specifically to Haiti, central America, and parts of Africa, should not be allowed to receive DACA. He also said that he, and his law making team, wanted to cut citizenship down by 50%, and weed out those from these "shithole countries" by deferring them to TPS countries instead, and not allowing them to receive citizenship through the current lottery setup. I have a lot of respect for what Trump has done for the economy, however what he has done to Net Neutrality sets me on fire, and this issue with immigration is very personal for me, as I have quite a few friends whom this affects, so for me, I think we're better of without this man in office. We don't need a racist like Trump sitting on the iron throne. A huge step backwards for the world. Thoughts?

Edit: And his tweets after the incident, saying its a Democrat conspiracy, even though the Republicans in the meeting wouldn't comment to rather said that or not. And his "LETS MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!" tweet reeks of imperialism as a despot dictator. He is disgusting! Can't wait for his term to end.

"What good fortune it is for governments that the people they govern do not think." - Adolf Hitler
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2018, 03:19 AM
RE: Wow! Trump's Comments Actually Shock Me!
It wasn't just confirmed by the lone Democrat in the room, Richard Durbin, but indirectly cornfirmed by Lindsay Graham (Republican Senator from North or South Carolina, I don't remember which of the Carolina's he's from).

Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Find all posts by this user
01-13-2018, 04:36 AM
(01-13-2018 03:19 AM)Lissa Wrote:  It wasn't just confirmed by the lone Democrat in the room, Richard Durbin, but indirectly cornfirmed by Lindsay Graham (Republican Senator from North or South Carolina, I don't remember which of the Carolina's he's from).

That's absolutely terrible that Trump would deny deny deny, and even go so far as to point fingers and Dems when the evidence is turning out to be irrefutable, even members of his own caucus saying he made these racist comments!

"What good fortune it is for governments that the people they govern do not think." - Adolf Hitler
01-13-2018, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 08:57 AM by FireIceTalon.)
Can't say I'm shocked by these comments at all. They are pretty much par for the course for this administration since even before day one. The KKK openly supports him, he appointed one Steve Bannon, executive of Breitbart, one of the most blatantly racist and nationalist news outlets anywhere, as his Chief Strategist (the fact they had a falling out is irrelevant here). He ran his campaign on a platform of hate, bigotry, racism, sexism/pro-rape, homophobia, ageism, ableism, and xenophobia that is unprecedented in the garbage heap that is American politics. Nothing Trump says surprises me. This guys stupidity knows no bounds. He makes both Bushes look like Einstein. He's an orange man-child whose literacy is literally lower than that of a 5th grader.

That being said, there is *some* truth (or at least context) into calling those places "shitholes". However, they aren't shitholes because of the people who live in them, their character, or their culture, as he would have you believe; they are "shitholes" due to the capitalist system and Western Imperialism that plundered them and their resources, enslaved them and made them poor. In general, the citizens of Haiti, central America and Africa are fine people who have been historically oppressed and wronged in countless ways for centuries - all for the profit of a few wealthy countries that benefit from a rotten-to-the-core social-economic system that by all rights, does not deserve to exist.

As for not needing Trump on the iron throne, here is a more fundamental (and rhetorical) question: Why do we have an "throne" (what its made of matters not) at all, to begin with?

[Image: jt5oy0.jpg]
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon
http://www.tristr.am/character.php?userid=26

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
01-13-2018, 09:14 AM
Ulysses S. Grant caught flack because he wanted to make the Dominican Republic a state.

"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
01-16-2018, 04:41 PM
(01-13-2018 02:12 AM)Taem Wrote:  I have a lot of respect for what Trump has done for the economy,

I'm going to need to stop you there. Trump hasn't done anything for the economy thus far. The improved economy is directly as a result of Obama's budget.

[Image: 2drgabq.png]
01-17-2018, 01:16 PM
(01-16-2018 04:41 PM)Tal Wrote:  I'm going to need to stop you there. Trump hasn't done anything for the economy thus far. The improved economy is directly as a result of Obama's budget.

The claim that Trump is not the cause is surely true - economies move slowly, and Trump simply hasn't done enough, fast enough, or big enough to have had any major impact. People overestimate what presidents can do. (Even shockingly incompetent ones.)

But by the same token, the claim that it's the fiscal policy of the Obama administration is shakier. Most of what's happening here is just the slow recovery from the 2008 depression picking up steam. The Obama administration managed an acceptable, if not spectacular, program for recovery back in 2008. But the stimulus of that spending ended years ago - this is just the economy bouncing back to full employment and consumer confidence, which well-managed economies tend to do eventually after a major crash. He gets credit for a steady hand on the tiller, but the budget is not the major driver here.

-Jester
01-19-2018, 02:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2018 02:42 AM by Archon_Wing.)
Hah, it's funny how overt his racism can get but there will still be people to rationalize it out. Suddenly, not being a racist becomes PC.... this is the cancer brought to you by the Alt-Right.

Hopefully we will survive these 4 years.

With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480)
01-19-2018, 03:04 AM
(01-19-2018 02:42 AM)Archon_Wing Wrote:  Hah, it's funny how overt his racism can get but there will still be people to rationalize it out. Suddenly, not being a racist becomes PC.... this is the cancer brought to you by the Alt-Right.

I think in the next 3 months we're going to see something come from the Mueller investigation. Mueller is about to postpone the sentencing on Papadopolus for three more months and they continue to gather more there. Then there's the comments by Bannon on Mueller wanting to interview him and the fact that Bannon has said he'll hold nothing back from Mueller.

The true sign of insanity is coming from Trump's council, Ty Cobb, who keeps saying only 4 to 6 more weeks from Mueller on his investigation, he's now said this about 5 times (since around September 17). Ty Cobb doesn't realize that <Vaas>the definition of insanity is saying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result</Vaas>.

Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
01-19-2018, 04:31 AM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2018 04:59 AM by FireIceTalon.)
(01-19-2018 02:42 AM)Archon_Wing Wrote:  Hah, it's funny how overt his racism can get but there will still be people to rationalize it out. Suddenly, not being a racist becomes PC.... this is the cancer brought to you by the Alt-Right.

Yea, although this has really been an ongoing thing even before Trump came into office. I've explained several times here in the past how the right likes to use "political correctness" as a shield to justify their disgusting views or deflect blame onto those who call them out for said disgusting views. The whole narrative of political correctness to justify their views certainly has gained momentum since he was sworn in, to be sure. But make no mistake about it, I don't call these people the Alt-Right, I call them for what they actually are: which is nothing short of white nationalist scum. These are the people, ironically enough, who actually deserve to be deported - preferably off the entire planet, and permanently so.

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Yesterday, 07:20 AM
(01-19-2018 04:31 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote:  

Yea, although this has really been an ongoing thing even before Trump came into office. I've explained several times here in the past how the right likes to use "political correctness" as a shield to justify their disgusting views or deflect blame onto those who call them out for said disgusting views. The whole narrative of political correctness to justify their views certainly has gained momentum since he was sworn in, to be sure. But make no mistake about it, I don't call these people the Alt-Right, I call them for what they actually are: which is nothing short of white nationalist scum. These are the people, ironically enough, who actually deserve to be deported - preferably off the entire planet, and permanently so.

When you are just talking about white nationalist scum you are accusing a whole group of people with very different levels of nationalism. Lots of blue collar workers who weren't represented by the democrats anymore.
These people will never change their mind when being accused.....this is the whole reason Trump supporters are still supporting him.
Far more dangerous (but of course largely overlapping) are the extremist christians. They embrace anyone who can help them ban abortion or the right of extremely ill people to end their live in peace or ...well anything that people should be able to decide by themselves but that christians would like to decide for them.

Trump is probably farthest away from what you could call a ''good christian''.....someone that would help the poor, be modest, not rude, doenst swear, stays with his first wife etc..... but just because he dangles the carrot in front of the christian extremists he gets their votes.

This is something that is not only happening in the US though. Everywhere leaders have understood that they can treat the religious extremists in this way.......you can tell them to pay 20% more tax as long as you tell them you hate the other religion or you will pass legislation that forces everyone to live like thise extremists and they vote for you.

His racial politics are by the way of least concern. What he does against science, the environment and his support of weapons and oil industry are by far worse than the fact that some people from some countries are not allowed to travel into the US anymore.
Yesterday, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: Today 03:29 AM by FireIceTalon.)
(Yesterday 07:20 AM)eppie Wrote:  His racial politics are by the way of least concern. What he does against science, the environment and his support of weapons and oil industry are by far worse than the fact that some people from some countries are not allowed to travel into the US anymore.

You really think its just about some people from some countries not being able to travel here anymore? If so, you are very wrong. That is but merely one way his racist ideology has manifested into policy. You completely forgot about all the non-white people who already live here in the US (legally or not). Tell them that his actions against science, the environment and support of weapons and the oil industry are worse than his racist politics, and see what they say. I predict the words "fuck" and "off" to be in there, somewhere - especially since it would be coming from a western, white male. Now, living as a racial minority in America is akin to living under fascism everyday regardless of which party holds office, but I certainly would not want to be a Muslim or Mexican immigrant (legal or not) under the current Administration. It isn't just about his policies either, its also the fact his rhetoric and election have ignited all the racists in this country to come out of the woodwork. In numerous locations, this makes everyday life for non-whites to be extremely difficult at best, entirely miserable at worst.

I'm not going to get into a debate on who is worse between white nationalists and the moralistic christian right, cause frankly, both of them suck, and to be quite honest, many of aspects of their ideology already overlap anyways as you stated. It's like debating which smells worse: dog shit or cat shit.

As for blue collar workers not being represented by the Democrats, at what point in time was this ever the case (rhetorical question)? Democrats certainly have paid plenty of lip service to working class people but in the end they will always serve the ruling class, just like the Republicans do - because that is what they were elected by said ruling class to do. The Democrats are NOT (AND NEVER WERE) a workers party; they are a bourgeois capitalist party that is centrist at best even by bourgeois political standards (with Republicans being a far right party). The sooner working people realize that neither party has their interests in mind, and that neither party is the one in charge (the ruling class that they represent are the people in charge), the better off they will be.

All that being said, the fact Democrats do not represent the economic interests of working class people in no way justifies the racism, hate, and xenophobia that many white working class people have towards minorities and immigrants. Racist workers are no better than liberal capitalists.

Today, 05:30 AM
This man is a work of art, seriously. I wonder where these funds were going? Something tells me embezzlement to Russia, but you know politics... someone else who works for Kushner will take the fall for this, when it's got Trump's fingerprints all over it. I used to write off the stories of Trump's Russia ties as propaganda from his enemies, or conspiracy nuts (such as the Obama birth certificate), but I've been becoming increasingly unsure as more and more evidence piles up. Without knowing what the reports state, it's mere speculation at this point, and perhaps competely overhyped, however it's still an interesting read, as I personally had no idea Trump owed the Deutsche Bank millions, and has recently eased their penalties for allowing Russia to embezzle money... Very shady practices.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/deu...63006fc877