anyone ever build a 'zen' warrior
Quote:I have a zen warrior and he works out quite well. His dex is only 60 so he doesnt really block at all, but his hit recovery is so fast it doesnt really matter. I cant imagine fast block would do a thing since warrior has built in fast block anyway. Zen is all about hit recovery and not blocking anyway. The zen warrior is really a novelty. You sacrifice many potential stats using those crap items of stability and balance. To get adequate to-hit for Hell/Hell, you almost need a strange sword. Your plate sounds ideal, so in addition to your rings of balance and stability, you need a resistance amulet and a resistance shield or helm. An alternative low ac setup could include the Nightscape for stability, the balance ring, a resistance shield and your harmony amulet (although res/harmony would be more useful). Because of the need for using the helm or shield for resistance, you will never achieve really high ac but it is certainly possible to get into the 230 + range.

I have a gold amulet of stability (30) and an afp of harmony (137/71). Now if only I could find that spider´s ring of balance (I don´t actually have the patience to try, although a regular ring of balance shouldn´t be too hard to find and what´s 10-15 mana anyway). To hit is the one problem I wouldn´t have. It would be interesting to try out the setup at some point. I guess I would use an obs heavens, emmy tiger, RC - medium ac with almost no hit recovery time sounds enticing. Has anyone ever tried this for dueling or is this considered cheating?

Messages In This Thread
anyone ever build a 'zen' warrior - by Heidi - 12-12-2006, 09:13 PM
anyone ever build a 'zen' warrior - by Thenryb - 12-12-2006, 10:48 PM
anyone ever build a 'zen' warrior - by weakwarrior - 01-30-2009, 06:35 PM
anyone ever build a 'zen' warrior - by ucookie - 02-21-2010, 11:05 AM