anyone ever build a 'zen' warrior
i came across a spider's ring of balance. i also have a ring and amulet of stability; and a ring and amulet of harmony. and a saintly full plate of harmony. i wish i had a 'nightscape' cloak with 'faster' recovery. so has anyone ever built a zen warrior and how did he work out? does adding a shield with 'fast block' add even more to the situation? anyone? eh?
Quote:i came across a spider's ring of balance. i also have a ring and amulet of stability; and a ring and amulet of harmony. and a saintly full plate of harmony. i wish i had a 'nightscape' cloak with 'faster' recovery. so has anyone ever built a zen warrior and how did he work out? does adding a shield with 'fast block' add even more to the situation? anyone? eh?
I have a zen warrior and he works out quite well. His dex is only 60 so he doesnt really block at all, but his hit recovery is so fast it doesnt really matter. I cant imagine fast block would do a thing since warrior has built in fast block anyway. Zen is all about hit recovery and not blocking anyway. The zen warrior is really a novelty. You sacrifice many potential stats using those crap items of stability and balance. To get adequate to-hit for Hell/Hell, you almost need a strange sword. Your plate sounds ideal, so in addition to your rings of balance and stability, you need a resistance amulet and a resistance shield or helm. An alternative low ac setup could include the Nightscape for stability, the balance ring, a resistance shield and your harmony amulet (although res/harmony would be more useful). Because of the need for using the helm or shield for resistance, you will never achieve really high ac but it is certainly possible to get into the 230 + range.
Quote:I have a zen warrior and he works out quite well. His dex is only 60 so he doesnt really block at all, but his hit recovery is so fast it doesnt really matter. I cant imagine fast block would do a thing since warrior has built in fast block anyway. Zen is all about hit recovery and not blocking anyway. The zen warrior is really a novelty. You sacrifice many potential stats using those crap items of stability and balance. To get adequate to-hit for Hell/Hell, you almost need a strange sword. Your plate sounds ideal, so in addition to your rings of balance and stability, you need a resistance amulet and a resistance shield or helm. An alternative low ac setup could include the Nightscape for stability, the balance ring, a resistance shield and your harmony amulet (although res/harmony would be more useful). Because of the need for using the helm or shield for resistance, you will never achieve really high ac but it is certainly possible to get into the 230 + range.

I have a gold amulet of stability (30) and an afp of harmony (137/71). Now if only I could find that spider´s ring of balance (I don´t actually have the patience to try, although a regular ring of balance shouldn´t be too hard to find and what´s 10-15 mana anyway). To hit is the one problem I wouldn´t have. It would be interesting to try out the setup at some point. I guess I would use an obs heavens, emmy tiger, RC - medium ac with almost no hit recovery time sounds enticing. Has anyone ever tried this for dueling or is this considered cheating?
Quote:i came across a spider's ring of balance. i also have a ring and amulet of stability; and a ring and amulet of harmony. and a saintly full plate of harmony. i wish i had a 'nightscape' cloak with 'faster' recovery. so has anyone ever built a zen warrior and how did he work out? does adding a shield with 'fast block' add even more to the situation? anyone? eh?

warriors get natural fast block, so adding a shield like HD or Storm wouldnt make a difference. Never tried a Zen warrior, but sounds interesting. Your hit recovery would be ridiculous, but since warriors already have the fastest hit recovery of the 3 classes im not sure the benefits this would have, as warrs are quite item dependent and his other stats would surely suffer. Would be interesting to try though.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Quote:I have a gold amulet of stability (30) and an afp of harmony (137/71). Now if only I could find that spider´s ring of balance (I don´t actually have the patience to try, although a regular ring of balance shouldn´t be too hard to find and what´s 10-15 mana anyway). To hit is the one problem I wouldn´t have. It would be interesting to try out the setup at some point. I guess I would use an obs heavens, emmy tiger, RC - medium ac with almost no hit recovery time sounds enticing. Has anyone ever tried this for dueling or is this considered cheating?

Its been tried on mages in PvP before, but not on a warrior. On a warrior I dont think this would work out in PvP as your other stats suffer greatly. On a Mage it can work well, though against a good opponent u have to becareful cause your mana would be alot lower then a mage using harmony only.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
I recently found a backup of my old character files.
It had a level 49 zen warrior among them.

Cap of Balance
King's Sword of Haste
Obsidian Shield of the Tiger
Nightscape
Obsidian/Perfection jewel
Dragon/Harmony jewel
Perfection jewel

Amber Mail of Stability was in its inventory in case I didn't like -40% light, I guess. o_O
Level 49, max stats, 123 dex (both perfect jewels gave +30 dex, so it is 120 dex perfect block at level 50, if it ever gets to level 50).

Overall, I think I like my CC warrior better.
Obsidian Helm of Precision
Civerb's Cudgel ///// Lightning Sword of Haste on switch for lava maws
Strong Shield of Skill <--- needed the +6 dex to get perfect block and I couldn't find anything better
Obsidian Mail of the Stars
Gold/Precision jewel x2
Gold/Harmony Ring