After the Paladin/Shaman thing: time to tear down the faction wall
I can't find it anymore, but the new arenas will be based on the chess ladder. I think that's excellent for that type of PvP. (still not zero sum, and that ladder doesn't apply to world PvP, from what I read). The fact that it's so team oriented means I probably woln't really participate.

Worrying is the lack of any details on battlegrounds. I'm very afraid of the possiblity that there are none. Gogo server imbalance. From the sounds of it, the arenas will just be a killem all type affair. That's OK, but I find other games more engaging. Even if there are BG's, it doesn't sound like there will be matchmaking in them.

The fact that the new honor rewards will be weaker then the arena awards will cause mind boggling amounts of whining.

Quote:The reason why the Stormwind army is away from Westfall/Redridge/Duskwood is because they are at the "front lines" against the Horde armies.

Wait... just where the hell are they? I have a suspecion they are in Ony's belly. "Sergent Smith, take 5 of your fattest men, dump cumin on yourselves, and report to that dark room nobody goes into for a special assignment!"

Maybe a few of them are in southshore or arathi. They arent really fighting in the plaguelands, AV is mostly staffed by dwarves and WSG by elves. Dustwallow/Barrens/Durotar are a colony, I can't think of any other humans in Kalimdor.

Messages In This Thread
After the Paladin/Shaman thing: time to tear down the faction wall - by oldmandennis - 08-14-2006, 06:54 PM