New Alliance Race Speculation thickens!
MongoJerry,May 7 2006, 01:32 PM Wrote:Does anyone else here think that Dreanei *would* be cool?  I read so much bagging on the Dreanei with comments like "If the Draenei are the new Alliance race, that'd help fix the faction imbalance."  But when I ran into the Draenei in the Swamp of Sorrows and the Blasted Lands in the beta, I was curiously fascinated by them and disappointed that more than a teaser backstory wasn't being given to me within the game.
[right][snapback]109177[/snapback][/right]

My experience in the Swamp of Sorrows was similar, and I enjoyed the units in Frozen Throne; I think draenei could be cool, but it'll depend heavily on the implementation. In particular, I'm curious how Blizzard would handle the active racial and available classes. In Frozen Throne, the draenei were perma-stealthed rogueish units; possibly their racial could be a 'vanish' that lets them stealth for 3-5 seconds or something.

I think it would be nice, whatever race the alliance gets, if they can have a 3rd paladin race to balance the healer options. After all, Horde are finally getting a 3rd priest option.

As an aside, here's one of the more creative fakes I've seen in my prowling for speculation: http://burningcrusade73.fasthoster.de/burn.../nathrezim.html

Messages In This Thread
New Alliance Race Speculation thickens! - by lfd - 04-18-2006, 11:59 PM
New Alliance Race Speculation thickens! - by Monkey - 05-07-2006, 08:26 PM