Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids
Hyacinth,Oct 3 2005, 10:09 AM Wrote:I was unhappy with my play last night, and I want to share some of the issues that are making this guild recently less enjoyable for myself & others.

First, Not all of us want to do a raid every night. We build our characters for many reasons, not just to be pulled into a raid. The comments and pressure from those that do want to raid every night are strong - comments like "It's terrible seeing how many 60's are playing alts when a guild raid is set," etc. This applies a strong leverage that if we are part of MWD, we must join a raid if we are on.

Last night, I was in an extremely enjoyable DM group with my son when the "How can you be in DM when it's a raid time?" commentary started. This group had started earlier, was going very well and was a lot of fun.

Unfortunately, I bowed to the pressure as a senior MWD member and broke the DM group. The decision was made to do LBRS, which meant that my son, who was playing with me, could not spend the time for the raid since it was too long an instance. We lost other members of the DM group who also did not want to play too late.

The LBRS raid started out well - we had one very funny wipe, but towards the end, players were getting tired. We had a second wipe almost at the end. At this time, the raid leader bailed on us, being unhappy that there was insufficient aggro control. This was totally unacceptable. The rest of the group wanted to continue, but our rezer made a mistake (that I also have made) and entered the instance before our druid could sneak back in and rez him in place. Eventually many of us got back together, but by then the die was cast - the group fell apart just before the last 2 bosses.

It's unacceptable for a group leader to bail when things go wrong. Rather than harangue other players, it's the time for calm instruction and guidance. It's unacceptable to be intolerant that others may not want to go on raids 5 days a week, and may want to play in other fashions. The guild raid at 7 is to allow those that want to raid to have a common time to meet, not to force guild members into those raids. I was pretty unhappy last night with the guild. I won't let it happen again.
[right][snapback]90839[/snapback][/right]

I think the guild is at a crossroads once again. Are we going to build to the big raids, or are we not.

Are we going to develop the discipline to raid MC/ZG consistently, or is it going to be a wipefest because no one will learn aggro control, and the raid leader is not allowed to say anything.

The leadership needs to make a decision. If we're not raiding nightly, then I don't want to hear gripes about us not *doing* anything. What direction are we going to go, Hya? Cyr?

I fully understand if we wish to keep the flavor of the guild as it has been, where 18 players are on, and we can't run a DM run AND a LBRS 8-man raid. But, if that's the way MWD will be, then it's time for the lvl 60 regular raiders to move on, as we don't fit there with our 60's anymore. Great for the alts, but not for the raiders. It's a great guild we've built here, but, I don't think it's going to be a raid home, as much as we want it to be.

I've stated I'm not moving, however, that was with the current "We're going to build to raid" that I've been told. Is this no longer true? We just need to figure that out, really.

And, on another subject, yes, I was the raid leader. I left after the raid went belly-up, because of poor aggro control. I had asked patiently for better control, but I was ignored. I wasn't going to spend another hour in there fighting that. Probably wasnt' the best thing to do, and I apologize for that. I won't do that again.

However, if the attitude toward raids is to make them a low priority within the guild, then there's no need for me to lead them anymore.

Guys, raiding the big instances takes a lot of work and preparation. You don't just make a 60 and go to MC with 39 others. You have to get your gear, you have to be practiced up, you have to know your role.

I'm not seeing that from but a few MWDs. I think it's time to acknowledge that this isn't going to be the home of MC raiding or ZG raiding on a regular basis, and let it be the wonderful guild home it has always been, but let the raiders take their 60s to raid elsewhere w/o feeling guilty about it. Either acknowledge it, or change priorities, and I think I know which is the better choice for the guild.

Discussion, please!

In the end, this is Cyr's guild. Cyradis is going to have to decide what we want to do with this guild, and how much input anyone else has is up to her. I will publicly state that I will support whatever direction she wants to go with this, but decision time is here, and I will always have characters building here as long as I'm allowed to and still playing WoW. Wd're deciding what the few regular raiders who want to do ZG and MC and stuff should do. Continuing as we have with a 'we want to raid' when the guild as a whole really isn't that interested , is not a good idea.

My opinion is that too much guild strife is caused/going to be caused by the raiders trying to impose their needs on the guild. It's been a long time coming, but the time has come for that to end, and the raiders to move their 60's and not push the guild to be what it's not. YMMV.

Please don't take this as wanting to divide the guild. I think it's time to take this divisive issue *out of the guild*. I would like to hear other opinions.

--Kesh
--Mav

Messages In This Thread
Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids - by Hyacinth - 10-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids - by Mavfin - 10-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids - by Hyacinth - 10-04-2005, 12:56 AM
Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids - by Mavfin - 10-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids - by Cyradis - 10-04-2005, 01:36 AM
Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids - by Zia - 10-04-2005, 07:32 AM
Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids - by Cyradis - 10-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids - by monkee - 10-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids - by Cyradis - 10-04-2005, 06:26 PM