MC Raid Signups for Monday Oct 17

Invites are going out at 7pm and the first pull will be at 7:30pm. Please make every effort to be ready to go at 7:30. This includes being outside the instance, not across the world awaiting a summons or in IF buying ammunition!
Tal,Oct 11 2005, 08:03 AM Wrote:Sign ups are here or in here.

Invites are going out at 7pm and the first pull will be at 7:30pm. Please make every effort to be ready to go at 7:30. This includes being outside the instance, not across the world awaiting a summons or in IF buying ammunition!
[right][snapback]91611[/snapback][/right]

I'll be there!
Monday is my raid day ^_^! Yay for monday!!
Garrin

<span style="color:blue">Garrin - Lvl 60 Human Paladin - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Gasan - Lvl 14 Dwarf Priest - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Bladewhisper - Lvl 60 Rogue - Stormrage <Carpe Aurum>
<span style="color:red">Garrin - Lvl 25 Orc Warlock - Dethecus <Frost Wolves Legion>
Tigarius - Lvl 14 Tauren Warrior - Dethecus
Garrin - Lvl 13 Tauren Druid - Thunderhorn
Duh, is this the same raid instance as the Thursday run? I'm confused!

Note that the main reason I want to go is because it is a fantasy of mine that I am informed by the game itself that I AM THE BOMB. Nothing like being directly verified of your own beliefs!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Oct 11 2005, 09:43 AM Wrote:Duh, is this the same raid instance as the Thursday run?&nbsp; I'm confused!
[right][snapback]91617[/snapback][/right]

Yes, it'll be MC minus whatever bosses we've already taken down. In addition, take down Magmadar, and no more doggies. Take down Garr, and no more Lava Surgers.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Bolty,Oct 11 2005, 08:43 AM Wrote:Note that the main reason I want to go is because it is a fantasy of mine that I am informed by the game itself that I AM THE BOMB.&nbsp; Nothing like being directly verified of your own beliefs!

-Bolty
[right][snapback]91617[/snapback][/right]
You will more than likely be declared the Bomb on Monday, if attendance is good.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Oct 11 2005, 04:46 PM Wrote:You will more than likely be declared the Bomb on Monday, if attendance is good.
[right][snapback]91631[/snapback][/right]

How does that work? You lace the nearest Gnome with dynamite, dip him in ketchup and feed him to Ragnaros?

No, wait, that's for Onyxia, ketchup-enhanced gnomes only work on dragons...
I should be good for Monday, I think. However, I don't think I've seen a weekend sign-up; does this mean that there won't be an MC run on the weekend?
-TheDragoon
TheDragoon,Oct 11 2005, 12:51 PM Wrote:I should be good for Monday, I think.&nbsp; However, I don't think I've seen a weekend sign-up; does this mean that there won't be an MC run on the weekend?
[right][snapback]91655[/snapback][/right]

It was my understanding that the Alliance was running ZG on Saturday. But since I work on Saturday I can't organize that anyway so I set up the next available raid date to keep the raiding rolling. :)
Saturday's ZG run is in the morning, so that leaves the evening for the MC raid, no?
I will be around and available to lead an MC attempt in the evening on the weekend. The signup is up, I just didn't advert it, figuring that if you were there for the other two adverted signups, you'd see it.

However, it'll only be run if there's enough interest. ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
As was the case last Monday with the Onyxia raid, my availability depends on whether my girlfriend wants to be driven to work (8pm Monday for you guys is 10am Tuesday in Australia). Should she decide to walk or take the bus, I will be at my computer from 7:30pm (9:30am my time). However, should she request that I drive her, I will likely return to my keyboard by just after 8pm (10am my time), like I did last raid.

Let me know if this is acceptable and I will be happy to participate (more than happy since this is my only available time).
kandrathe,Oct 11 2005, 10:46 AM Wrote:You will more than likely be declared the Bomb on Monday, if attendance is good.[right][snapback]91631[/snapback][/right]
Well, I should be there, but with my pitiful fire resistance I might do more harm than good. I'm not geared up at all, no end game equipment whatsoever besides the hot pants I picked up last night in UBRS. Ugh. Sabra made me some lovely Mooncloth pants and days later they get replaced by skimpy underwear! I'm sure they'd look hawt on a human, but they just look silly on a dwarf.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Oct 12 2005, 11:26 AM Wrote:Well, I should be there, but with my pitiful fire resistance I might do more harm than good.[right][snapback]91771[/snapback][/right]

You don't really need fire resistance until you reach Rag himself, imho. You shouldn't be near Geddon's fire pulses, and the only other boss who has a fire attack that hurts is Gehennas, which you also shouldn't be standing in :)
You don't know what you're talking about.
SoulStealer,Oct 11 2005, 08:41 PM Wrote:As was the case last Monday with the Onyxia raid, my availability depends on whether my girlfriend wants to be driven to work (8pm Monday for you guys is 10am Tuesday in Australia).&nbsp; Should she decide to walk or take the bus, I will be at my computer from 7:30pm (9:30am my time).&nbsp; However, should she request that I drive her, I will likely return to my keyboard by just after 8pm (10am my time), like I did last raid.

Let me know if this is acceptable and I will be happy to participate (more than happy since this is my only available time).
[right][snapback]91746[/snapback][/right]

So long as we know ahead of time its cool Soulstealer. :)
Bolty,Oct 12 2005, 06:26 AM Wrote:Well, I should be there, but with my pitiful fire resistance I might do more harm than good.&nbsp;
[right][snapback]91771[/snapback][/right]
Aleri has no fire resistance gear. It's easy enough for priests to stay out of harm's way most of the time. The only times I die frequently are when I'm playing poorly. You'll be fine Bolty. :)
Intolerant monkey.
Zippyy will be there, 'course!
The error occurred on line -1.
Bolty,Oct 12 2005, 06:26 AM Wrote:Well, I should be there, but with my pitiful fire resistance I might do more harm than good.&nbsp; I'm not geared up at all, no end game equipment whatsoever besides the hot pants I picked up last night in UBRS.&nbsp; Ugh.&nbsp; Sabra made me some lovely Mooncloth pants and days later they get replaced by skimpy underwear!&nbsp; I'm sure they'd look hawt on a human, but they just look silly on a dwarf.

-Bolty
[right][snapback]91771[/snapback][/right]
We have a cure for squishie damage in Molten Core, we call it Anadrol. Take one, and call me when the boss is dead. :-) If Anadrol is unavailable, then there are alternative medicines as well, one is a little blue pill we labeled "GG". We have many fine tanks that fill the bill, but generally only Magmadar and Lava Packs are fire hazzards to the raid.

Just a recap so you know what to expect the first night;

Phase 1 #Trash Mobs# -- 6 types, earth elementals (hit hard, surge attack), fire elemental (fire only spawns babies), giants (hit hard), and hounds (breath & random AOE effect), Imps (fast, fire), hound 5 pack

Phase 2 #Lucifron# -- Lucifron has two guards who do mind control, Lucifron has AOE curse which can do 2000 damage after 10 sec, and an AOE curse which causes mana costs to double.

Phase 3 #Trash Mobs# -- 5 x Hound 5 packs

Phase 4 #Magmadar# -- Has a wicked fire breath attack in a cone in front of him, spits blobs of magma with a really nasty DOT which prevents bandaging and will kill you, every so often he projects an AOE fear, and also periodically will enrage requiring a hunter to use tranquilizing shot.

Phase 5 #Trash Mobs# -- We back track and head a different way, clearing the same type of trash as Phase 1.

Phase 6 #Gehennas# -- Also has two guards with no special abilities, we pull them off to the side and dispatch them first. Gehennas has an AOE curse that reduces healing ability by 75%, he randomly targets people for a 2000 damage shadow bolt and also he targets groups and causes a rain of fire (run away).

We might move to Garr also, time permitting and if we have at least 6 tanks and three warlocks.

Phase 7 #More Trash# -- Similiar to #1 only trickier to not pull Garr.

Phase 8 #Garr# He is a rock elemental type, and he has something like 8 guards. If all the guards die he becomes SUPER GARR, so we use warlocks to banish 3 guards and hunter pets to help keep the banished off the warlocks. The remaining 5 + Garr need to be tanked and quickly eliminated leaving Garr for last. He has an AOE buff wipe, so 30 seconds into the fight no one will have any buffs remaining. He also will randomly choose a guard to explode, and will sometimes randomly replace lost guards.

Anyway, as you can see, even though it is Molten Core, you have little to fear from fire attacks. As an Alchemist I find a Fire Protection pot for Magmadar is handy in case I get spit on, a Resorative Potion is handy for Lucifron in case the decurse people don't get around in time or are dead, a Shadow Protection potion is handy for Gehennas. Other than that, most of the damage is applied to the tanks.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Oct 12 2005, 01:45 PM Wrote:We have a cure for squishie damage in Molten Core, we call it Anadrol.&nbsp; Take one, and call me when the boss is dead.&nbsp; :-)&nbsp;
[right][snapback]91797[/snapback][/right]

Remember Anadrol is not for everyone - consult your doctor should you wish to take a Anadrol. Possible side effects from Anadrol include: Dizziness, insomnia, sleep apnea, drymouth, restless legs, rectal bleeding, headaches, fever, chills, sudden weight gains/losses and the inability to say the letter "B".
Zippyy,Oct 12 2005, 09:05 AM Wrote:Zippyy will be there, 'course![right][snapback]91780[/snapback][/right]
Oh noes! Forget it, then.

-Bolty