The drop rate of uniques
[wcip]Angel,Aug 15 2005, Wrote:1. Has the drop rate of uniques increased that significantly since 1997?
2. Were there that many uniques to begin with or did they add new ones in patches?
3. Is the ring any good? Are resistances as useful in Diablo1 as they are in D2? Also, is there an item which can counter the "always drain health"-property of the Constricting Ring? I'm awfully constricted (sorry, I had to...:P) as to whether I should wield this ring in my questings. Obviously, when fighting the Man himself, fire resistance would do me well, but I'm not sure I want to go around having my health drained all the time, especially when I'm a sorceror whose primary attribute is *not* vitality.
[right][snapback]86002[/snapback][/right]

1) No. The item creation routines of Diablo have never changed at all. Needless to say, one game is a small sample size... you may find 0 uniques in one game (not counting quest items in SP) and 10 in another.

2) See answer #1.

3) Resistances are very important in the later parts of the game (although they are useless against Diablo himself). Maximum resistances would be quite useful at times, at least for the Unholy Alter and the advocates on 16. That doesn't mean you should wear the CR at all times... it means you should save it and put it on when you see spellcasters on a given level. When you use mana shield, the CR will drain mana instead of life.

Messages In This Thread
The drop rate of uniques - by [wcip]Angel - 08-15-2005, 12:59 PM
The drop rate of uniques - by Nystul - 08-15-2005, 02:16 PM
The drop rate of uniques - by [vL]Kp - 08-15-2005, 11:31 PM
The drop rate of uniques - by duner - 08-16-2005, 10:14 PM
The drop rate of uniques - by jrdgames - 08-17-2005, 07:13 PM
The drop rate of uniques - by Toverkol - 08-22-2005, 02:43 PM