battle.net issues
[vL]Kp,Jul 8 2005, Wrote:UDP threads are the individual components of a UDP cloth, of course! ;)

It's not surprising that you had trouble locating it on Google, actually.  "UDP thread" is the designation assigned to the thread of execution within Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft II: BNE which is responsible for receiving UDP datagrams off the network and storing them for other thread(s) to retrieve.  If you aren't a network programmer, you may not understand the prior sentence, but you don't really need to understand it. :)  The non-technical summary version of my prior post is that part of Blizzard's code may suddenly stop working if certain events occur.  When that code stops working, the aforementioned consequences befall the gamer.

Think of it as having a neighbor who insists on using a really bad hearing aid: randomly, his hearing aid will fail and he'll lose the ability to hear you, which pretty effectively ends any conversations that might have been going on.  Same principle here: Diablo may suddenly lose its ability to hear other players.

Much appreciated! Now if I can only find enough threads to make a flashy Blizzard inspired UDP thread sweater, I'll be the coolest kid on the block! ;)

Cheers,

Munk

Messages In This Thread
battle.net issues - by zfear - 07-07-2005, 08:20 AM
battle.net issues - by Jarulf - 07-07-2005, 09:00 AM
battle.net issues - by Toverkol - 07-08-2005, 03:50 PM
battle.net issues - by [vL]Kp - 07-09-2005, 03:10 AM
battle.net issues - by Munkay - 07-09-2005, 04:10 AM
battle.net issues - by [vL]Kp - 07-09-2005, 04:57 AM
battle.net issues - by Munkay - 07-09-2005, 03:29 PM