Showing ID & signing in to buy OTC cold medicines?
Tal,Apr 15 2005, 11:48 AM Wrote:Its not comparable enough in my opinion. Here we are talking about something that has been illegal for generations and making it legal. With prohibition we are talking about something that was legal and then made it illegal.

Point taken. :)
Quote: It would seem to me that there is a higher occurrence of people who wouldn't try something because it was illegal but would try it once it was legal.

[right][snapback]74067[/snapback][/right]

I tried a number of illicit substances in my youth. In some cases, once was enough. In others, the passage of time and my changing lifestyle made me uninterested. And for some, I was fortunate enough to see the effects on others soon enough to not feel that it was worth bothering. (I always did have an aversion to needles, anyway.)

My point is that trying them and becoming addicted/abusive with them are not the same thing. I do not believe that there is a natural flow between trying and abusing. I will admit that if you never try something, you cannot get addicted/abusive. But that does not mean that the converse must be true. ;)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Messages In This Thread
Showing ID & signing in to buy OTC cold medicines? - by ShadowHM - 04-15-2005, 05:16 PM