...might have to say goodbye to Lurkers on Tich :(
Bolty,Apr 6 2005, 02:37 PM Wrote:I like PvP.  I liked the PvP server more than the PvE server, it's a lot more fun.  But it's the ganking I just can't handle.  If PvP ever implements a dishonor system to stop level 60's from nuking my level 20ish char over and over, I'm there in a heartbeat.

Then get a character above level 40 on a PvP server. I think that level 20-40 range is the real hump that one has to get over. You have neither the power nor the mobility to deal well with attempted gankers, and the world available to explore is small. But after 40, you're no longer the easy prey that the real assholes go for, you have a mount, and the area to explore is much larger. You're no longer ganking fodder at that point, and everything you're going to see after that is PvP fighting.

I think it would help to have you play as a Horde player, because you wouldn't have the comfy blanket of Redridge, Darkshire, and the Wetlands. One of the problems you experienced with PvP was that you only ever experienced ganking, because you rarely played in areas populated by opposing players of your level. On the other hand, the northern area of 1k Needles is the only contested zone that Horde has all to itself questwise. I think you'd get the chance to experience the fun of PvP servers sooner this way. In addition, I think the Horde community is tighter when it comes to helping out lower level players because of this phenomenon. It also probably helps to have the central Horde city of Orgrimmar so close to Ashenvale and Stonetalon.

Start up a character on Tichondrius. I might even start up that hunter alt I've been thinking of making to party with you. Give it a try. I think you'll really have fun with it.

Messages In This Thread
...might have to say goodbye to Lurkers on Tich :( - by savaughn - 04-06-2005, 11:43 PM
...might have to say goodbye to Lurkers on Tich :( - by MongoJerry - 04-07-2005, 04:22 AM