...might have to say goodbye to Lurkers on Tich :(
Phoenix,Apr 7 2005, 02:28 AM Wrote:I'm curious why you think that. There is nothing magical about level 40 that suddenly stops the ganking. Horde still swarms me as soon as they see me, and every other level ?? I see gladly chases me for several minutes just to kill me. I don't call it PvP fighting when I'm fighting two-three Horde, all much higher level than me. I call it ganking.

I guess some of it depends on your definition of what PvP is. Perhaps your definition of PvP is that a person is required to send out a herald saying, "Hello, kind sir. I see that we are the exact same level as one another. I would like to engage in one-on-one combat in order to test wits against one another and enjoy each other's company. Would you be delighted to indulge me?" If that is your definition of PvP, then you should stay on a PvE server and indulge any PvP fantasies with friendly dueling.

I, however, do not consider being killed as a high level player by other high level players ganking, because you had the power to deal with or prevent the situation. You can group up, you can pay attention to general chat reports of opposite faction activity, you can go by ways that you know are populated by players of your faction, you can take cross-country tracks instead of roads, or heck, you can just pay attention to what's around you instead of falling asleep at the wheel. After you die, you can get revenge solo, group up and get revenge, or get out of dodge. If you are in a situation where you are alone and get ambushed by a group of 2-3 other players, then it is your fault for not being careful, and kudos to them for taking advantage of your carelessness. It's the intensity of the environment that makes the PvP server a much more exciting place to play. If you fall asleep and lose your edge, you die. That's the way things should be.

Quote:Mount is no good, they have mount too. And they frequently have Mithril Spurs, Carrot on a Stick and all that so they can catch me most of the time. No contested area is safe from ganking and it never will be, even at level 60.

But they have to get off the mount to fight, and when they do, you'll be long gone. Mithril Spurs and Carrot on a Stick don't make enough of a difference to matter. Maybe they matter if you are racing someone clear across a zone or something, but most races are short affairs to some safe haven, and I've never needed or used either. I've never been "run down" by anything other than someone on an epic mount, and I prefer to have stats that will actually help me in combat than something that can only be used out of combat.

Quote:I frequently hear these three areas mentioned as a plus for Alliance, which baffles me. When you're Alliance, once you reach level 20 you're screwed because every area you would want to go to after that is contested and there you're prime meat for any and all Horde gankers who feel like messing up your day. From there on out it only gets worse.

You can cover it with paint all you want, but the bottom line is: Alliance level 20-30's only have to deal with gankers. Horde level 20-30's have to deal with both gankers and populations of opposing players of their level in their zones. There are plenty of Alliance players who quest in Ashenvale and Stonetalon, and of course Hillsbrad is just impossible for Horde players to quest in, since Horde quests are mid-20's quests, while Alliance players who go to the area are mid-30's and up.

Quote:But Horde can stay in Barrens till level 25 without any risk of Alliance gankers, and after that they have Stonetalon and Thousand Needles with is just as "comfy blanket" as Wetlands or Duskwood, and brings you to a higher level than any of those areas.

I did every single Barrons and Silverpine Forest quest and got to level 21, so I don't know what you're talking about. The Barrons looks big, but it's just like Loch Modan and Westfall combined. There's no advantage to either faction there.

Quote:And if you want to gank, Horde has it easier too. Redridge is filled with level 15s to 18s or so running around, just waiting for a nice Horde-gank. There's plenty of victims in Duskwood too, somewhere around level 22-26.

But for Alliance you have to check Stonetalon or Ashenvale and see if there is any Horde foolish enough to not stay in the Barrens. And as you said, Orgrimmar is so close to both those areas, and reinforcements could be coming at any time.

You obviously have a misunderstanding of what the Barrens is like, so this point is pretty much moot. Horde players have to move out of the Barrens, and when they do, they have to go into zones that have Alliance *flight paths* to their zones. At least Horde gankers have to actually ride to their target areas.

Quote:And slightly off-topic, Horde also has two instance dungeons (Ragefire and Wailing) where they can find some nice drops and quest rewards while Alliance has one (Deadmines).

:lol: RFC is a tutorial instance dungeon. It's cute and is a nice way to introduce new players to the concept of instances. But it's small and has very little loot in it. It's nice to experience at level 15-16ish, but it's not something to write home about. It's certainly not a place to load up on loot or experience points.

Quote:In short, while I hear so many Horde players going on and on about how Alliance is "easy-mode", it's my opinion that Horde has it a lot better.

I played alliance for five months in the beta. When I started playing Horde in the retail, I realized, "Woah! I get why those Hordies complained so much!"

Messages In This Thread
...might have to say goodbye to Lurkers on Tich :( - by savaughn - 04-06-2005, 11:43 PM
...might have to say goodbye to Lurkers on Tich :( - by MongoJerry - 04-09-2005, 01:22 AM