...might have to say goodbye to Lurkers on Tich :(
Phoenix,Apr 10 2005, 02:48 AM Wrote:That's a nice philosophy. Kudos to that bullies in the schoolyard who starts kicking the fat kid, they took advantage of his carelessness.

That's offensive.

Phoenix,Apr 10 2005, 02:48 AM Wrote:There's nothing about ganking that constitues me having "fallen asleep" and I don't think stronger people being needlessly cruel to weaker people is "the way it should be".

It isn't ganking if you had the ability to deal with or prevent the situation, and at level 45, you do. At lower levels, I understand the complaints, because you have limited options on where to go and what to do, but at level 45, you have plenty you can do.

Quote:True, they don't make much of a difference but it is a small difference, and I have been "run down" at least once, riding across the entire Badlands. I'm just saying that a mount isn't an instant get-away-scot-free thing.

No, of course not. One also has to develop some skill and awareness. My comments are that once you have your mount, you have an important tool available to you to deal with or prevent would-be gankers. It's up to the individual to learn how to use that tool.

Quote:Pretty crappy bottom line, considering we both agree that opposing players of their level isn't a problem, it's "exciting, intense and the way it should be". So if there's nothing wrong with that, your bottom line ends up being "they both have to deal with gankers". It's not as clear-cut as that either, Horde has Thousand Needles at least.

Only the northern section of 1k needles, which is pretty quest sparce. At best, you can get a level and a half out of them if you clear the whole thing. The Shimmering Flats is contested territory both officially and in reality.

Quote:Granted, Horde has to run/ride to Duskwood, Wetlands or Redridge, but Alliance can never find as easy targets as Horde can find in Redridge.

Gankers never seem to have a problem finding people in Ashenvale and Hillsbrad.

Quote:So? It's still an instance, which I count as a plus for Horde.

We weren't talking about who has it better in general. We were talking about who has it safer in the 20-40 range, and it's pretty clear that the Alliance has it much better off. If we were talking about things in general, then I would mention the greater number of Alliance questlines and the more in depth storylines that Alliance quests have. However, that has nothing to do with PvP at levels 20-40.

Note: There seems to be a limit on the number of quotes you can have in one post, which is why your post isn't coming out right.

Messages In This Thread
...might have to say goodbye to Lurkers on Tich :( - by savaughn - 04-06-2005, 11:43 PM
...might have to say goodbye to Lurkers on Tich :( - by MongoJerry - 04-12-2005, 02:47 AM