I'm one of the most forgiving customers there is,
LochnarITB,Mar 16 2005, 10:55 PM Wrote:I really wish they didn't have the ability to inspect in the game. I only see it being used out of mistrust, be it for judging a player setup or verifying need versus greed looting. I certainly don't see players going on skill alone such as a naked mage in Diablo.

[right][snapback]71024[/snapback][/right]

I did not like scanners in Diablo I, nor in Diablo II. This time, Blizz put them in the game so no one would write a hack to do it, I suppose. Bah. I do not care for folks using xray vision to see under my clothes either.

As to Naked play, there was some speculation that naked was made possible by the swiss cheese holes in Diablo's balance, but I have to admit it was mucho fun. :)
It appears that WoW may be slightly better balanced than Diablo, however, the game is young yet. B)

OBTW, I was on bnet today with a Diablo I char. No lag in Tristram except for a game where the host's latency was yellow. We crashed after about 15 minutes.

Next game, I made. Yay me. So, what did some nice 4th level person offer me as soon as he popped into town?

A Demonspike Coat helm, a Lightforge helm, and a GPOW.

I laughed. I had the opportunity to offer him the Staff of Dyslexia (I think it was -9 Magic) I had just found, suggesting that he might want it if he wanted to try a BNM. His comments were along the lines of "why would anyone want to use such a crappy staff? I can show you how to get great stuff." My warrior headed off to Ogden's for a pint of Westmarch bitter . . . his name is Sisyphus_IH(RB).

What did I expect, eh? Some things never change. :whistling:

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
I'm one of the most forgiving customers there is, - by Guest - 03-16-2005, 06:09 AM
I'm one of the most forgiving customers there is, - by Guest - 03-16-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm one of the most forgiving customers there is, - by savaughn - 03-16-2005, 04:46 PM
I'm one of the most forgiving customers there is, - by Guest - 03-16-2005, 06:53 PM
I'm one of the most forgiving customers there is, - by Guest - 03-16-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm one of the most forgiving customers there is, - by Guest - 03-17-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm one of the most forgiving customers there is, - by savaughn - 03-17-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm one of the most forgiving customers there is, - by Occhidiangela - 03-20-2005, 04:02 AM