I'm one of the most forgiving customers there is,
And, that makes me sad.

I love this game. I love the art, and the music (except for Everlook), I love the quests and the races and the environments. It's the best I've played. It's got more in game content than the others I've played combined.

But, the server stability is the worst, bar none (even Anarchy Online) this far into launch.

I'm seriously considering canceling my account until they get the server issues resolved. No other vote really counts. No post, or letter, or petition means anything really... a drop in revenue does.

But, that would be teh suk... 'cause I really really like playing this game, and playing this game with you.

What to do?
[Image: Cat_Sig.jpg]
<span style="color:red">Stormrage:
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
<span style="color:red">Teneras:
<span style="color:yellow">Urdum, Level 14 Orc Hunter
Catlyn,Mar 15 2005, 10:21 PM Wrote:And, that makes me sad.

I love this game. I love the art, and the music (except for Everlook), I love the quests and the races and the environments. It's the best I've played. It's got more in game content than the others I've played combined.

But, the server stability is the worst, bar none (even Anarchy Online) this far into launch.

I'm seriously considering canceling my account until they get the server issues resolved. No other vote really counts. No post, or letter, or petition means anything really... a drop in revenue does.

But, that would be teh suk... 'cause I really really like playing this game, and playing this game with you.

What to do?
[right][snapback]70890[/snapback][/right]

Terenas had about 15 lurkers on it tonight. I know that for some just going to another server isn't the answer, but Terenas is always rock solid. Of course we play horde over there and that doesn't appeal to some as well. I also know that altitis doesn't hit everyone, and I really don't have an answer for the thousands of people who have a main and one or two alts and that is all they want to do and are on one of the servers that behaves like Stormrage does.

I'm a bit frustrated with Stormrage myself. I finally pushed Gnolack into the 40's and was wanting to push him even more before the weekend. I would like to get Scarlet Monestary done with him and take a look at Uldaman. But since the Eastern Kingdoms on Stormrage have been the suck I figured it was time to get back to my Terenas roots (yes, I was on Terenas before I came over to Stormrage) so I'm doing lower instance runs on Wednesday and Thursday with some of the Lurkers over there. Stormrage chars might just sit until the servers get better for there. I suggest something of that nature for you as well.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Yeah, I'm sadly beginning to agree with that sentiment. The game is a heck of a lot of fun, but it bothers me on those weeks when I have only one day a week to play and the servers are down or too laggy to deal with playing.

While I haven't played other MMOG's so I can't comment on the server stability compared to them, I can say that I find it pretty sad that the level of server lag is still comparable to what I saw in Diablo. I mean, Diablo was free online, I'm paying for this game...
-TheDragoon
I really wonder if blizzard plans on awarding free time all across the board. Blizzard never seems to post on realm status forum when EK goes down on stormrage (which tends to happen every couple of hours... or minutes on a bad night). It's enough to make one wonder whether or not blizzard is aware of how bad Stormrage can be.

I tend to side with the struggling company that's trying to please anyone, but I'm paying for days that I can't even play the one time of the day I'm getting out of work and have a chance to. I'm paying money for nothing.
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter
Catlyn,Mar 15 2005, 11:21 PM Wrote:And, that makes me sad.

What to do?

I was on the 3-month plan and was going to wait it out and see what it was like ... then realized that it's up at the end of the month. So I've switched to a monthly plan. Once it pays for the next month, I'll set it to Cancel if the server issues are still giving me headaches. If the issues are fixed by then, I'll probably go back to the 3-month plan. We'll see.

My new Tichondrius character may be seeing more action soon too, but dammit I want to hit 60/40 with Ramala/Mitzy.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
I have to agree. 4 or 5 months is past the "new game" grace period IMO. In fact the game seems to be worse every week.

My server has had queues almost ever week sense the seconfd month and the stability is steadily declining.

Tonight my guild decided to play newbie hords on a low pop server after our server crashed. Sadly even there we were having the old freez when we tried to pick up loot.
Catlyn,Mar 16 2005, 04:21 AM Wrote:And, that makes me sad.

What to do?

I much agree with your sentiment. I am completely dumbfounded that 4 months in server stability is exactly the same as opening day. I am also a very patient person and love this game to death, but i also am not ignorant and know when i am being taken for a ride by a business (eg. Blizzard). The real puzzler is it seems Blizzard has no idea how to fix this problem. Even taking servers offline, replacing them and bringing them back online has not done the trick for the problem "20" realms. I am fortunate in that i can play during the day so i don't face the lags and disconnects people face in prime time. But that will soon end for me and i can't imagine me coming home from work and trying to log on for an hour and face this mess we have been dealing with. I have enough aggravation in my life, i do not need it from an online game. This is my escape:) If this continues i may hook up with my old guild in EQ or may check out EQ2 (some of my old guild went there). At least i know with EQ i will get server stability even though the game is not of the same caliber as WoW. *Crossing my fingers* that all will work out in the next month or so and i can continue my quests in the World of Warcraft.
Cenarius Alliance

Liscentia 80 Death Knight (450 Herbalism 425 Inscription)
Mysteryium 80 Shaman (450 Skinning 441 Leatherworking)
Tutelin 80 Priest (413 Enchanting 420 Tailoring)
Frozzen 73 Mage (Tailoring 375 Enchanting 375)
Obstinate 71 Hunter (375 Herbalism 375 Alchemy)
Squabbles 70 Warlock (Tailoring 375 Leatherworking 291)
Niniuin 70 Paladin (Herbailism 375 Alchemy 375)
Thunderous 66 Warrior (Mining 375 Tailoring 360)
Catlyn,Mar 16 2005, 04:21 AM Wrote:What to do?

I don't understand why we don't petition to move the Guild. I've heard Tal say "no way," but I wonder why? Maybe I missed the memo. If it's about having lots of players and lots of action at the AH, etc., well ... that doesn't mean much if you can't use the AH because it's down and you can't play because the server went down with it. Now I understand that queues will be coming back. I hope that's just a rumor.

What to do, indeed Catlyn? We complain, but we keep playing. You're totally on the money. If you want a say, vote with your dollar, but Blizzard doesn't care about our dollars, not from a group as small as this one. There'll always be another sucker.

So the game's too good to leave. Okay, we're all hooked, so we're going to keep playing. If that's going to be what we do, stay and take it because clearly we all love this game, then why can't we be on another server?
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Catlyn,Mar 15 2005, 11:21 PM Wrote:I'm seriously considering canceling my account until they get the server issues resolved. No other vote really counts. No post, or letter, or petition means anything really... a drop in revenue does.[right][snapback]70890[/snapback][/right]
Well, there were plenty of warnings that WoW wasn't stable from the beta testers (especially myself), but you're right that at this point, the onl thing that will get Blizzard's attention is to stop paying. From a business perspective, Blizzard only needs to keep you happy enough to continue paying - and no more.

That being said, I can't recommend enough that players who have resisted starting out on Terenas give it a shot. The Horde is a whole 'nother perspective on the same game. If you don't like the Horde because they seem too "evil," try a Tauren. The Tauren differ in attitude quite a bit from the Forsaken (who want to kill all the Humans), the Orcs (who are violent and bloodthirsty), and the Trolls (who regularly speak of cannibalism). Tauren are in tune with nature, follow an American-Indian themed lifestyle, and only are a part of the Horde because the Orcs helped them defeat the centaur years ago.

Personally, I finally purchased WoW in late December because I thought they had worked out the server kinks. I was misinformed, mostly from the players who aren't on the "bad 20" servers and don't understand what all the complaining is about. After all, Terenas is rock-solid, doesn't lag, and doesn't crash. It's kinda refreshing.

But I'm the type of player that gets really bored by level-capped play and wants to start an alt almost immediately. While I don't understand the "now that I'm 60 I don't want to start over" mentality, I do sympathize.

Terenas is ripe with newb characters! Forge a new beginning for the Horde! :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Sabra,Mar 16 2005, 08:09 AM Wrote:I don't understand why we don't petition to move the Guild. I've heard Tal say "no way," but I wonder why? Maybe I missed the memo. If it's about having lots of players and lots of action at the AH, etc., well ... that doesn't mean much if you can't use the AH because it's down and you can't play because the server went down with it. Now I understand that queues will be coming back. I hope that's just a rumor.

What to do, indeed Catlyn? We complain, but we keep playing. You're totally on the money. If you want a say, vote with your dollar, but Blizzard doesn't care about our dollars, not from a group as small as this one. There'll always be another sucker.

So the game's too good to leave. Okay, we're all hooked, so we're going to keep playing. If that's going to be what we do, stay and take it because clearly we all love this game, then why can't we be on another server?
[right][snapback]70914[/snapback][/right]

Actually my comment was "No - unless the Basin switches servers". I make no illusions that the Lounge will always be a small legit guild - being on the same server as the Basin helps us have a larger pool of like minded players to group with. Though it is disheartening the lack of response the Honorables channel gets when advertised in. To combat that I'm e-mailing the Stormrage GM to ask the Basin to push the "join the Honorables" line some more.

To the subject at hand: I honestly am reaching the end of my patience with the server stability issues. In the past I have always been happy to jump to Terenas to level up my Shaman or my new rogue. The last two nights I did so reluctantly and last night not at all. I want to level Sharanna to the cap. I want to view new content. I've seen many of the horde quests up to 40 and honestly am not as happy playing on the horde side as I am on Alliance. I've drafted an email of complaint to Blizzard - just not prepared to vote with my wallet yet. ;)
Bolty,Mar 16 2005, 06:43 AM Wrote:Terenas is ripe with newb characters!&nbsp; Forge a new beginning for the Horde!&nbsp; :)

[right][snapback]70918[/snapback][/right]
Some of whom got bags last night because they didn't log out before I switched to my tailor. ;)

For the rest of the thread, my sympathies to those who don't want to start over after being so high level and I really do understand not wanting to. Hopefully soon there will be a server transfer for those who don't want to start over. It is very frustrating that the same servers keep having major issues, despite all the maintenance and character cappings (which they are going to lower again on Stormrage). I am kinda glad in a way though because now I have more incentive to go back to my horde roots. It's much less lonely over there now. ;) :D

Oh, and to those who enjoy being at the top of the guild, right now we have one character at 40-something (iirc), and then the next highest are Mogo and Marn in their 30s. Very easy to climb to the top of that ladder. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Are their non-legit guilds?

"legit guild"

Im just kind of curious what that meant. I suppose you could mean that you dont use speed hacks - but then the vast majority of the players havent use them either.
Ghostiger,Mar 16 2005, 12:03 PM Wrote:Are their non-legit guilds?

"legit guild"

Im just kind of curious what that meant. I suppose you could mean that you dont use speed hacks - but then the vast majority of the players havent use them either.
[right][snapback]70940[/snapback][/right]

Guilds that play in an honorable way.
Another server on the 'rock solid' list seems to be Dalaran (PvE Eastern). Uldum is solid, but there's loot/come-to-a-stop lag for 1-2 minutes every hour. (PvE Pacific)

Yeah, I'm not on the 'big 20' and glad I'm not. I intentionally picked low-pop servers when I started my characters. They're medium now, but, they're not the 'big 20'

And, I'm like Bolty and Treesh. I have altitis, so, moving servers for me at the moment means I lose a lvl 32 highest. YMMV, and I sympathize.

--Mav
Catlyn,Mar 15 2005, 09:21 PM Wrote:I'm seriously considering canceling my account until they get the server issues resolved. No other vote really counts. No post, or letter, or petition means anything really... a drop in revenue does.[right][snapback]70890[/snapback][/right]
So... the server issue appears to be directly related to it's over population and only exists on the high pop servers. There are some very real hard caps on server hardware technology (such as the 4G memory limitation) and these are not likely to change. There may very likely be no server issue resolution, at least not for some months. The problems that Blizz is running into are unbelievably difficult challenges to overcome. They gave you a parachute (i.e. move to a server with a lower pop) and you're still convinced your only two options are to jump out unaided or ride the plane all the way into the ground.

That said, I strongly suspect that they are using the new "test server" copy process to test out their ability to move people from one server to another. I suspect you'll see that option become available in the next client patch. Granted, however, that could still be a month out and it's still just speculation.
Bolty,Mar 16 2005, 07:43 AM Wrote:That being said, I can't recommend enough that players who have resisted starting out on Terenas give it a shot.&nbsp; The Horde is a whole 'nother perspective on the same game.&nbsp; If you don't like the Horde because they seem too "evil," try a Tauren.&nbsp; The Tauren differ in attitude quite a bit from the Forsaken (who want to kill all the Humans), the Orcs (who are violent and bloodthirsty), and the Trolls (who regularly speak of cannibalism).&nbsp; Tauren are in tune with nature, follow an American-Indian themed lifestyle, and only are a part of the Horde because the Orcs helped them defeat the centaur years ago.

Terenas is ripe with newb characters!&nbsp; Forge a new beginning for the Horde!&nbsp; :)

-Bolty
[right][snapback]70918[/snapback][/right]
First of all I heartily welcome everyone to come to Terenas. One of my alts there is a Tauren smith who is permanently resident at Thunderbluff, the Tauren city. When I log on with that character I can immediately move about without pausing without experiencing any choppiness. In contrast, anytime I log on to a character resident in a city on Stormrage, I have to wait a good bit before everything syncs and loads before I can do anything.

If you have never played the horde you will have the pleasure of discovery of new areas and quests.

The Undead by the way are not evil. They want to kill humans only because they are persecuted by them and, they have a nice dry sense of humor.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
savaughn,Mar 16 2005, 11:46 AM Wrote:&nbsp; They gave you a parachute (i.e. move to a server with a lower pop) and you're still convinced your only two options are to jump out unaided or ride the plane all the way into the ground.
[right][snapback]70947[/snapback][/right]

Unfortunately, to use that parachute in its current form, you have to strip yourself naked, leave all your assets in a trust and agree to become a newborn baby in a foreign land.

OK, so it's an option, but the cost is pretty high, maybe too high for some people. Especially when the airplane really shouldn't have broken, and may still be fixable before it hits bedrock, or the airplane analogy gets pushed too far. :)
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Hmm,

All of these server problems are a bit of a pain and they annoy me, but I've never been overly frustrated. Maybe I'm the oddball but if Stormrage is thrashing I'm usually content to go over to Terenas and play a bit there. If I really want to get something done on Stormrage I'll try going back after a short period of time and see if the problem has been resolved. Sure it can be extremely frustrating to not be able to do what you have planned but I'll usually just move on.

My characters on Stormrage will forever be my favorites. That's where I got my start and I've been extremely happy with the people I have met and played with on that server. I'd almost always prefer to play on Stormrage but if the server is coughing I'll just move over to one that isn't. My perspective on the whole thing is that Blizzard's problems are just buying me more free gaming time :shuriken:

I really hope Blizzard can get things together sooner rather than later but unless the entire game implodes I'm not likely to leave any time soon and I'd hate to see some of my friends leave because of it... All I can do is cross my fingers and hope they can get the issues resolved some way or another.

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
savaughn,Mar 16 2005, 10:46 AM Wrote:So... the server issue appears to be directly related to it's over population and only exists on the high pop servers.&nbsp; [right][snapback]70947[/snapback][/right]
No, some of the servers affected are low to medium pop servers, but they do share a back end with the high pop servers. Those playing on the low to medium servers that are having trouble definitely have a right to complain the loudest. It is still related to overpopulation though, just not as straight-forward as "high pop realm = bad, low pop realm = good".
Intolerant monkey.
savaughn,Mar 16 2005, 12:46 PM Wrote:They gave you a parachute (i.e. move to a server with a lower pop) and you're still convinced your only two options are to jump out unaided or ride the plane all the way into the ground.
[right][snapback]70947[/snapback][/right]

A better analogy is that Blizzard has offered a bridge to another airplane but no guarantees of the "airworthiness" of that airplane once we transfer over to it. :)