How to Win Friends and Influence Priests
kandrathe,Feb 24 2005, 05:16 PM Wrote:In the end the team made a mistake trying to shortcut to finish a quest (one player needed), and jumped down off a cliff to get to the boss without clearing his minions.  I made a mistake in assuming that since they had jumped down, that my pet would not be able to find a way.  He did, and he had all the uncleared bosses minions in tow.   It was the "Holy Crap!" moment that precludes a wipe.  It was a good learning experience for me, and the team was gracious in sharing the blame for ignomious hike back to our corpses.  My only option while my pet was alive and for not having this heppen would have been to stay up out of the fray, and keep the pet with me.
At least you didn't think that the cliff was a ramp... :whistling: :blush:

A better idea to the Jump First, EotB Second "strategy" would be to use Eyes of the Beast before you jump, so you won't ever get into LOS or out of range issues. I've also heard that flying pets WILL follow you down jumps, but this has not been tested. Besides, I don't like flying pets, and I've heard they take up so much room it's not even funny at higher levels.

Messages In This Thread
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 04:42 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 04:47 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 07:02 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 07:35 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-23-2005, 04:07 AM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Zelc - 02-25-2005, 11:46 PM