school attack in russia
Seems like a bunch of very incompetant terrorists. First, a very bad choice of target. As I understand what happened, the bomb strapped to the ceiling of the gym came loose and detonated. The terrified surviving children, teachers and parents fled in the chaos resulting on the remaining terrorists firing on their fleeing victims. This caused the Russian military to rush in to try to save any remaining survivors. I imagine now 1 in 5 russians is volunteering to join together to exterminate Chechyns.

School siege: Russians react

Quote:To me it shows that a war on terrorism is not a solution. Creating hatred against you (even if you are right only works against you.
So then you are suggesting that surrender is the solution? Terrorism is a doubled edged sword meant to challenge the authority of the government. If like in this case or 9/11, the government seems not to have done enough to prevent the attack, they are blamed. But, if they do too much and clamp down on civil liberties or seem too heavy handed that also plays into the terrorists strategy to make you prove you are a tyrannt. There are no silver bullet solutions. Unfortunatly, I'm beginning to think that the Chechyn's have now joined the pan-Islamicist union in a terror network of desparation against the west. If they were only wanting some autonomy or food you might deal with them or feed them, but once this becomes an ideological struggle only victory or death will appease them. Unfortunately for the Chechyns, this incident will give Putin the justification to crush them completely.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
school attack in russia - by eppie - 09-06-2004, 06:09 PM
school attack in russia - by Minionman - 09-06-2004, 06:23 PM
school attack in russia - by kandrathe - 09-06-2004, 11:29 PM
school attack in russia - by Bob - 09-07-2004, 12:39 AM
school attack in russia - by Occhidiangela - 09-07-2004, 10:54 AM
school attack in russia - by Brista - 09-07-2004, 03:14 PM
school attack in russia - by Jester - 09-07-2004, 06:38 PM
school attack in russia - by ShadowHM - 09-08-2004, 02:21 AM
school attack in russia - by Taeme - 09-08-2004, 03:54 AM
school attack in russia - by Occhidiangela - 09-08-2004, 01:38 PM