Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni
Quote:Right. Like you were losing some childish game. Like cooperation was weakness. Like the cold war just kept on going, the great nuclear staring contest. Do you really think you're going to win some kind of prize by 'not blinking'? By having the courage to maintain the most unproductive and antagonistic policies? Nobody is judging this contest. The results are all we have, and judging so far, the results of this strategy seem to be terrible.
Do you regularly associate with known criminals then in your personal life? Why not? I don't. I have no problem with our CIA aiding the good people of Cuba in tossing out their crime lords. Cooperate? I don't think so. Negotiate? For what? Hugs?

Quote:However, these countries are not listening.
Excuses, excuses. When is the last time ANY liberal held an anti-Castro rally?
Quote:Why is it always sexual?
It must be the cigar.

You still didn't answer the question. Why does the US always need to be the one to cave in, set aside their principles, "be the mature one"? Especially, and especially with these two bit, pompous, arrogant wind bags with whom we really don't want to be involved in the first place? And, especially, when having a relationship with them and their nation is probably more trouble than benefit? I think some people need everyone to be friendly, or they can't sleep at night. Last time I checked it was still true that you make concessions for your friends, and demands from your enemies.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni - by kandrathe - 05-06-2009, 02:08 PM