Minor ? re Cursed items found on the ground
Jarulf, yes, in Diablo v1.09 (and earlier) items do generate on the ground and on all the levels of the dungeon except 16 (I believe).

The thing is, when these items generate inside a room (Church and Cats) or a corral (Caves) or a spikey room (Hell) they are often magical. Not always, but often. Then your guide claimed (3.8.3) that there was a 100% chance that they would NOT be cursed (see quoted reference above). I was merely pointing out, and asking for anecdotal verification, that these said items can be cursed. I've seen this in Diablo Single Player, Diablo Multiplayer, and Hellfire also.

Smoketest, Jarulf's statement: "Is it magical?" in 3.8.2 has nothing to do with what I'm asking here.

The Guide states that an item generated on the ground is NOT 100% magical. This is well-know.

I'm saying that the Guide _does_ say if the item is magical, it is non-cursed. And that is incorrect.

Attika

PS Jarulf, these items are not "special" in the sense that they are quest related or such. They simple are items generated as your Guide suggests they should be: base and magical prefixes and suffixes and all. The three items I found were Rags, an Ammy, and a Buckler, all cursed (see above).

Messages In This Thread
Minor ? re Cursed items found on the ground - by Guest - 07-24-2004, 11:49 PM
Minor ? re Cursed items found on the ground - by Attika - 07-25-2004, 06:04 PM