Two bow comparison
This is on the DSF as well but not everyone here hangs out over there.

I've gone through all my mules trying to find items to reequip my high level rogue to a CAT-rogue. I've found all the equipment Claudio recommends, or close approximations, including two bows. One is a Heavy LBB of Swiftness and the other is a Merciless LWB of the Heavens. At my level, the damage of the two bows, when using the 2.1 second interval, is only two points in favor of the swiftness bow, so damage really isn't a factor.

So, on a level 43 CAT-rogue, would the +adds make more difference or the swiftness ability of keeping just about anything in stun lock? Is there any other ads or disads I haven't considered?

edit: The Merciless bow of the Heavens is a composite bow, not a LWB.
[Image: harlequin2.jpg]
Hello harlequin

In my humble opion I would use the heavens bow , simply because as a CAT- rogue your versatility is the key. So more magic,strength,mana adds to your overall stats.You didnt mention your resists or your alternate weapons. However you cut it tho, the extra stats are going to compensate for the swifty when you use magic or melee weapons. Good choice by the way.
My issue with the +stats is that when I equip alternate weapons (Champion's Mace of Haste or Civerb's Cudgel for demons; Stormshield) the +stats will no longer apply. Armor is Blessed Plate of Stars, helm is Royal Circlet, I have an Obs/Zod and Dragon's/Perfection rings and Jade/Zod ammy. I had an Awesome Plate of Precision muled, but opted for the other armor for the +all rather just +Dex.

The general consensus so far seems to be to go with the higher damage bow.
It is just a matter of aestethics. At lvl43, a plain short bow will do roughly the same job as the two bows you describe, even if it doesn't look worthy of your character.
I guess that at lvl43, you also must have witnessed almost everything in Diablo, and don't need much advice.

-- Aykavil
Well, since '98 I've seen alot, but there is always something new to learn. That's one of the things that keeps this game great! Warriors were my character of choice, with rogues last, so I wouldn't consider myself an expert. Certainly not like the people that memorize Jarulf's Guide...