What's the Most Important Aspect of an RPG?
I think Torment did admirably well as far as roleplaying goes. You were stuck being a human male, but your alignment changed according to what you said and did, and you could change your class at will, provided you meet the requirements (for instance, Dak'kon wouldn't teach you HOW to be a Mage, but once you learned HOW to be one, you could use Dak'kon to switch betwixt Fighter and Mage as necessary.)

Still, outside of a MUD or something to that effect, I believe Fallout has the greatest roleplaying aspect I've seen in a game so far. You really can play the game just about any way you want, though it's easier being a good buy than a bad guy.

The last game I can REALLY remember being immersed in was Half-Life way back when. I remember I'd instinctively look around in real life instead of using my mouse at times. I can't wait to see how immersing DooM III is :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.

Messages In This Thread
What's the Most Important Aspect of an RPG? - by Artega - 03-16-2004, 02:02 AM