Poll: Are you...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
male
90.24%
37 90.24%
female
9.76%
4 9.76%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

To which extent do women like pc gaming
Hi,

You know, I'm beginning to wish that the "Poll" feature of this board were disabled. Perhaps I'll make a formal suggestion to that effect. So far, every poll proposed that was not meant as a joke has been a joke anyway.

Now, "To which extent do women like pc gaming". Fine. However, what you are going to get, instead, is the answer to: "How many people that see this poll and choose to answer it will claim to be women."

Now, a lot of people who game do not read fora. Is the ratio of the readers to non-readers the same for men and women? Maybe, maybe not. Not in my experience. For whatever reason, men seem to take games more seriously. So they are more likely to get online to discuss and study games than women are. Also, more men seem to have "nerd" type occupations, and forum reading is often a break in their workday (and, in some cases, their entire workday :) ). Of the gamers I know personally, three of nine women read fora (and two of those I first met online *in* fora). Of the men, two out of twenty-three don't read fora at least some of the time.

When added to the fact that some women prefer not to reveal their gender online, the combination makes the "poll" portion of this tread a waste of time, a joke. Without the poll option, perhaps this thread would have been started with some meaningful discussion. As it is, it seems more flame bait and/or trolling.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Messages In This Thread
To which extent do women like pc gaming - by Guest - 05-14-2003, 04:17 PM
To which extent do women like pc gaming - by --Pete - 05-14-2003, 05:26 PM
To which extent do women like pc gaming - by Guest - 05-14-2003, 08:55 PM