Poll: Are you...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
male
90.24%
37 90.24%
female
9.76%
4 9.76%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

To which extent do women like pc gaming
ShadowHM:

>However, the preponderance of gamers in the 'slay the monsters/find the treasure' games are typically male, or so it seems to me. When I take a peek in the local internet café, there are never any 'girls' in the gaming section.

I use to visit a couple of net cafe's, one in little chinatown area, and the other in the downtown area.

Chinatown net cafe, catering to mostly gamers, at late night- dawn:

- Approximately 1/4 of the people there were women. Sometimes more. The most popular programs going on seems to be CounterStrike, Diablo2x, Lineage, Starcraft, chat-messenger and some sort of webcasting program. While most of the guys are playing the games most of the times, it's not uncommon to see women playing along side. And not uncommon to see the men watching the webcast\chatting.

Downtown net cafe, catering to general web browsing for university students, and gaming. Late night-dawn:

- After around 11:00 pm, most of the students doing research online or checking e-mails either heads home or to a pub. ;) The average mix for students, hard to put a definitive number but I'd guestimate 1/2 to 1/3 are women. After 11-midnight, usually most of the gamers come in. Very rarely there's women, sometimes 1/10, or 2/10. CStrike and D2x are the popular games running, with Red Alert or some sort of RTS a distant third.

This has been awhile ago, maybe 6-7 months. So for all I know a lot of things have changed. But I did remember seeing female gamers in a net cafe, shooting it up and hacking things right along side the males.

Messages In This Thread
To which extent do women like pc gaming - by Guest - 05-14-2003, 04:17 PM
To which extent do women like pc gaming - by Guest - 05-14-2003, 08:55 PM
To which extent do women like pc gaming - by Hammerskjold - 05-15-2003, 09:57 AM