4.0 Obersvations- post your undocumented changes here
(10-16-2010, 07:41 PM)Concillian Wrote:
(10-16-2010, 06:20 PM)LavCat Wrote: . By the way, just what is the past tense of "respec"?

It depends whether spec is short for specification or specialization.

If it's short for specification, then it's based on the verb specify and it would be respecified.

If it's short for specialization, then respec doens't work, because specialization is a noun. In this case it would be correct to say you "changed specialization". But the fact that respecialization isn't a word suggests that spec probably isn't short for specialization.

So, assuming "respec" makes grammatical sense, respecified would be the "proper" past tense of respec.

Note that most of the above was my own thought process of getting to the conclusion. If I was smart, I wouldn't have even listed specialization as an option, because I would have known it was a noun without having to go look it up.

I would suggest that "to spec" is to specialize. That would make the past tense specialized, and to have specialized again as respecialized, which I would game speak as respecced.

[edit] Never mind - that's what happens when I walk away in the middle of replying. Blush
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4.0 Obersvations- post your undocumented changes here - by LochnarITB - 10-16-2010, 08:19 PM