4.0 Obersvations- post your undocumented changes here
As was confirmed by Blues, There is now a limit to how much you can say in trade Chat. They apparently felt it was time to move the spam to /1.

how is 4.0 finding other people?
Warlock pets have all been renamed. This was not intentional, but alas can't be reversed.

Make sure to check all of your gear. Every single one of my characters had a broken item, and many people are reporting that head and shoulder enchants, as well as Enchanting only recipes are missing from items.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(10-13-2010, 02:56 PM)shoju Wrote: As was confirmed by Blues, There is now a limit to how much you can say in trade Chat. They apparently felt it was time to move the spam to /1.

how is 4.0 finding other people?
Warlock pets have all been renamed. This was not intentional, but alas can't be reversed.

Make sure to check all of your gear. Every single one of my characters had a broken item, and many people are reporting that head and shoulder enchants, as well as Enchanting only recipes are missing from items.

Yup. Noticed broken gear and missing stealth enchant to cloak.

The warlock pet names changes seem so unneccessary. Makes one wonder the amount of testing. As my Voidwalker remarked, "I don't like this place."

My /1 channel is World Defense, so hopefully there will not be that much extra spam. I miss being able to chat in World Defense.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
*cries* RIP Garrin

Sad Sad Sad Sad
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
I logged on my lvl23 warlock to talent him up, and pick up my felgaurd. Oh my god I don't remember his name but it is AWFUL. They really should let you pick a name for your demons, because their system SUCKS>
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
When I hover my rebirth skill, the tooltip says "Returns the spirit to the body, restoring a dead target to life with 100019% health and mana." And that's the right number of zeros in there. Wink I do have the glyph that gives them full life though.
Intolerant monkey.
(10-13-2010, 05:20 PM)shoju Wrote: I logged on my lvl23 warlock to talent him up, and pick up my felgaurd. Oh my god I don't remember his name but it is AWFUL. They really should let you pick a name for your demons, because their system SUCKS>

Yep. Farewell trusty Haaroon. Hello Vulzasomethingunpronouceable. On the other hand, my imp is now Thullos, which was the name of the first imp I had.

Also, my 32-slot shard bags turned into standard 22-slot bags. Which is OK, I made 8 of them in the hopes they would do just that. Smile
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Lagkitten's [item]Ancient Sinew-Wrapped Lamina[/item] turned into a 24-slot bag. ^_^
(10-13-2010, 05:06 PM)Lissa Wrote: *cries* RIP Garrin

Sad Sad Sad Sad

RIP indeed. Lissa, that was the first thing that came to mind when I read about pets being renamed. Really quite a little tragedy.

Time to get an inscription for locks to rename their pets as hunters can.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
undocumented change.

Mocking Blow is gone. *poof* No mention in patch notes or anything, just gone.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
lol @ Drain Soul critting for 46k. Caster dps is so stupid broken right now.
They are going to try to revert warlock pet names next Tuesday, so don't give up hope.
I want to be able to rename my demons.

My felguards name: Leeshvazul.

It made me think of two things.

1.) Voice_man's Druid name
2.) a leashed Vuvuzela.

Man, I hope that the ability to randomly summon a new demon works out. I will so be ditching this fool.
(10-14-2010, 05:27 PM)Apostolic Wrote: lol @ Drain Soul critting for 46k. Caster dps is so stupid broken right now.

Outside of execute range, I was doing over 10k DPS with only self buffs on a boss level target dummy with Taha. I can just imagine what execute range would be like with spamming soul fires.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
I don't remember reading anything about gathering skills abilities (mining/herbalism...) being sped up again, the 5k experience my Druid got for uprooting a Lichbloom was also a pleasant surprise Smile.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(10-13-2010, 07:10 PM)Bun-Bun Wrote:
(10-13-2010, 05:20 PM)shoju Wrote: I logged on my lvl23 warlock to talent him up, and pick up my felgaurd. Oh my god I don't remember his name but it is AWFUL. They really should let you pick a name for your demons, because their system SUCKS>

Yep. Farewell trusty Haaroon. Hello Vulzasomethingunpronouceable. On the other hand, my imp is now Thullos, which was the name of the first imp I had.

Also, my 32-slot shard bags turned into standard 22-slot bags. Which is OK, I made 8 of them in the hopes they would do just that. Smile

And apparently the recipe has not gone away, so Pavis can churn out 22-slot bags at will, no timer. Anyone who wants some, send Pavis 8 Eternal Shadow and 4 Eternal Fire each, I can supply the Frostweave.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
(10-15-2010, 03:22 PM)Bun-Bun Wrote:
(10-13-2010, 07:10 PM)Bun-Bun Wrote:

And apparently the recipe has not gone away, so Pavis can churn out 22-slot bags at will, no timer. Anyone who wants some, send Pavis 8 Eternal Shadow and 4 Eternal Fire each, I can supply the Frostweave.

But will blizz discover this and morph them again? I would hope for a bowl of petunias, or even a sperm whale, myself.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(10-15-2010, 01:09 PM)NuurAbSaal Wrote: I don't remember reading anything about gathering skills abilities (mining/herbalism...) being sped up again, the 5k experience my Druid got for uprooting a Lichbloom was also a pleasant surprise Smile.

take care
Tarabulus

I have a baby paladin I'm leveling, and after finsihing up DM, I hit the two rich thorium deposits in the cave, and was pleasantly surprised by getting 1k experience per node. It would be interesting to see how well you could level by just gathering... I might do that tonight if she hits 60.
LeveL 72 DK, he got 3k exp for a Cobalt node (Borean), then 4920 for a Saronite node (Sholazar Basin). He did max his mining skill last night, and was still getting exp even after that. All told, between exploration exp and harvest exp, he gained about 25% of the level, brought home about 100 cobalt ore and 100 saronite ore.
(10-15-2010, 06:03 PM)LtWarhound Wrote: LeveL 72 DK, he got 3k exp for a Cobalt node (Borean), then 4920 for a Saronite node (Sholazar Basin). He did max his mining skill last night, and was still getting exp even after that. All told, between exploration exp and harvest exp, he gained about 25% of the level, brought home about 100 cobalt ore and 100 saronite ore.

It figures I got my herbalist to 80 about a week before the patch.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
From a purely PvP perspective, Im enjoying it thus far - I think the UI changes and raid frame changes make healing a lot easier in BGs, although I still may fall back to Grid for Arena.

I think the numbers are *really* out of whack, but theyre scaled for level 85, not 80 - also people often forget that once we're at level 85 we'll be wearing 1800 resilience and have close to 100k health in the Season 9 set.

Overall. Im *really* excited about it, so far so good - goodbye bursty WotLK.

-Z
Proud Co-Founder of the Widely Accepted and Raider™ Approved "FIPIA Strategy"

Zyn's You Tube Channel